25th September 2015, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for improvement of marks in Mar-April 2016 exam of NIOS board?

Sir,
I have passed 10th from icse board in 1014. Now i have registered myself for senior secondery examination from NIOS. I have applied for appearing in Oct-Nov-2015 examination.As per rule of NIOS, I am permitted to appear in only four subjects i.e. English,Computer,Physics and Chemistry in this exam.For maths paper i will appear in Mar-April -2016 exam.Kindly inform me if i can apply for improvement of marks in Mar-April -2016 exam.Will i be eligible for JEE main and other examinations for B Tech courses in 2016.

25th September 2015, 12:51 PM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: Can I apply for improvement of marks in Mar-April 2016 exam of NIOS board?

Hello,

You dont need to worry. Students passing from NIOS have full authority and eligibility to apply and appear for JEE. Once you can secure good rank in JEE Mains and Advanced ,based on such ranking you will get admission in B Tech courses from the list of colleges available.

Now coming to your second query. Once when you have given your exam, and you are not happy with the result/outcome you can opt for reappearing in the next exam schedule that is either in the April-May session or in the November-December session.It depends on you in which you wish to appear the first. In order to reappear you have to submit the requisite amount of fee fixed as per the subject.
25th September 2015, 07:14 PM
amandeep atwal

Default Re: Can I apply for improvement of marks in Mar-April 2016 exam of NIOS board?

Hi
Can i apply for canada with 5.5 band.i have done b.com with 51% in 2012.nd after that i have done pgdca with 74%. In 2013
25th September 2015, 10:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for the National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a central government recognized board. So you need not worry about the recognition and validation of certificates of NIOS.

Now coming to question you will be eligible for the JEE exam or not in 2016. The only one glitch is that your result of the improvement exam must be declared before the result of Joint Entrance examination because of the fact that the rank of JEE mains which is the first stage is dependent on 10+2 results also.

Hence if the improvement exam's result is declared before the JEE results exam then you are surely eligible for the JEE mains that will be conducted in the 2016 for which notification will come in November 2015.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?