3rd May 2012, 09:45 PM
vvaaa

Can I apply for IAS exam after doing 4 year fashion designing degree course?

sir, i have done 4 year Fashion designing degree course that is BFAD-Bachelor of fashion and apparel designing, form GBTU formerly know as UPTU university.
can i apply for IAS exam.

5th May 2012, 03:48 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after doing 4 year fashion designing degree course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvaaa View Post
sir, i have done 4 year Fashion designing degree course that is BFAD-Bachelor of fashion and apparel designing, form GBTU formerly know as UPTU university.
can i apply for IAS exam.
A graduate in any discipline is basically eligible to apply for the civil service examination conducted for Indian Administrative Services, Indian Police Services etc. So, since you have qualified four year fashion designing course from Gautam Buddh Technical University, you can definitely apply for the civil service examination for Indian Administrative Services. To be considered eligible for the exam, there is no percentage criteria and hence, being a graduate, one can apply for the exam irrespective of the marks secured in the same.

Apart from being a graduate, you need to be within the prescribed age limit, which is as follows:
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years for General category, 33 years for OBC category and 35 years for Sc/St category.

Since the examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, refer to its official website for further information.
7th May 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after doing 4 year fashion designing degree course?

Can I apply for IAS exam after doing 3 year fashion designing degree course and also completed my post graduation in textiles ?
7th May 2012, 10:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IAS Civil Service exam as you have completed Four years Fashion Designing Degree course provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

sir ,can i apply for IASexam after doing deploma in fashion designing
29th December 2012, 03:21 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

yes offcourse, you can apply for the IAS Civil Services Examination if you have completed your 4 years Fashion Designing Degree Course from any recognized university.

The Educational Qualifications Required for Civil Services Examination are :

* Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years if you are a General Category Candidate.

* Age Relaxation is given to those who belong to SC/ST/OBC Categories.

The Examination is conducted as per the following pattern :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
26th February 2013, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i m doing fad 2nd year from j d institute delhi can i apply ias exam and how ho prepare
12th May 2013, 03:12 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS exams are conducted by UPSC every year as civil services exam.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.
After completing your graduation degree from a recognized university,you are eligible for IAS exam........

Age Limit for IAS exam:
General - 21 to 30 yrs
OBC - 21 to 33 yrs
SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs
Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs
Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

You can apply offline and online:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For more details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th January 2014, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i appear for the civil services exam after doing a 4year diploma in design from National Institute of Design?
4th April 2015, 06:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for civil services Exam as you have completed graduation degree.Beside this you should have to fulfill other requirements to apply for the exam.These requirements are as under:-
* Candidate should be a citizen of India.
* The age limit should be in between 21 to 30 yrs for general category. There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC by 3 yrs and for SC/ST 5 yrs.
24th April 2016, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

What subject he/she can choose after doing fashion designing in main exam.
25th August 2016, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

I'm the student of fashion designing 1st year i want to become an ias what will I do for it?
27th August 2016, 03:40 PM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

IAS(or civil service examination) is the one of the best exam in India.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Examination is :

Educational Qualification:
1. Must have at least Bachelor Degree.
( It's not matter from which course you have passed Bachelors degree.
also the course year does not matter)

Age limit:
Must have completed 21 year(on 01/07 of the examination year)

Other Criteria:
For IAS candidate should be an Indian.(Indian Citizen)

So if you have completed Bachelors degree and your Degree is recognized bachelor degree than you can apply for Civil Service examination.

As Bachelor of Fashion designing is a recognized degree anf if you have completed your degree and fulfill other eligibility criteria than you can apply.

For more details about Civil Service Examination go to: www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2017, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

After completing bsc fashion designing for 3 years after 12 , can I apply for si post
1st May 2018, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, can I apply for IAS exam after doing 4yrs in fashion and lifestyle accessories designing degree course?
31st March 2019, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done fashion designing degree from pearl academy.I want to apply for IAS.I am worried if the degree from pearl academy is recognised according to indian education system or not. I don't want to study hard and later realise that I am not eligible only because of my degree.I am really upset please let me know asap.
5th June 2019, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can I give IAS exam after completing 3 years degree course i.e. b.sc in fashion design?
2nd September 2019, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Can I apply for IAS exam after completing 3 years fashion designing degree course
8th March 2020, 04:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can I apply for upsc exam after donig 1 year Professional Certificate in fashion design(diploma).
10th March 2020, 06:30 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Eligibility:-

:-Candidate must passed 12th from a recognized board with minimum of 50-60% marks.

:-Candidate must passed Graduation from a recognized board with minimum of 50% marks.

:-Age not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years

:-Age relaxation also available for the reserved category candidates.

Visit the official website for more details
:-www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?