14th August 2013, 05:55 PM
iasofficerpriya

Can I apply for IAS exam? I am a BMS 2nd year student

Hi! I am priya singh.I want to become IAS officer but i am currently persuasing BMS 2nd year so,shall i apply for IAS exam and what is the procedure for it?
I have not any idea so please give me answer in detail.How much duration will go for this post? please say me...

Regard,
Priya singh

21st December 2014, 08:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam? I am a BMS 2nd year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasofficerpriya View Post
Hi! I am priya singh.I want to become IAS officer but i am currently persuasing BMS 2nd year so,shall i apply for IAS exam and what is the procedure for it?
I have not any idea so please give me answer in detail.How much duration will go for this post? please say me...

Regard,
Priya singh
No, BMS 2nd year student are not eligible for IAS exam. After completion of BMS degree, you can apply for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
4th January 2016, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi,My name is Dolphin. In April2016, I will b done with 4 th semester, 2nd year of graduation, Can I apply for IAS exam for 2016-17. As per notification ,IAS registration forms will be out in April- May. I willing to apply,but not sure of eligibility criteria
9th September 2018, 08:09 PM
Meg24

Hello,
Yes you can apply for the UPsc examination.
Coming to the UPSC examination, it is divided into the following 3 stages:
1) Preliminary examination - Objective type with negative marks consisting of two papers --- GS paper and aptitude paper
2) Mains exam- The next level is the mains subective paper of 1725 marks consisting of 9 paper.
3) Personality test .

Moreover the eligibility criterion for upsc -cse exam is : any citizen of India above the age of 21 who has graduated from a recognized Indian university.
16th October 2019, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

I am third year bms student I can apply upsc exam
21st June 2023, 01:02 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, you can apply for the IAS exam. As an undergraduate student in your second year of BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies), you are eligible to appear for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), which includes the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam.

However, it's important to note that the eligibility criteria for the IAS exam include educational qualifications, which typically require a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. While you are currently pursuing your BMS degree, you need to ensure that you complete your degree and obtain the necessary documentation before the commencement of the examination process.

Here are a few important points to keep in mind:

Complete your Bachelor's Degree: Ensure that you successfully complete your BMS degree program before the UPSC examination process begins. The degree should be awarded by a recognized university.

Age Limit: Check the age limit criteria specified by the UPSC for the IAS exam. Generally, the age limit is between 21 and 32 years, with some relaxations available for reserved categories.

Number of Attempts: Note the number of attempts allowed for the IAS exam. Generally, candidates from the General category have a maximum of six attempts, while candidates from reserved categories may have additional attempts.

Preparation: Start preparing for the IAS exam well in advance. Understand the exam pattern, syllabus, and recommended study materials. You can refer to various books, online resources, and coaching institutes that provide guidance for the exam preparation.

It's important to regularly visit the official UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding eligibility criteria, exam dates, application process, and other details. The UPSC releases the examination notification usually in February each year. Make sure to carefully read and understand the official notification to ensure you meet all the requirements and follow the correct procedure for application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?