16th June 2012, 01:56 PM
ganapaa

Can I apply for IPS exam after doing 2nd year BSc IT? Percentage needed for the exam? What is the physical fitness requirements?

Hello sir,
i am doing second year Bsc IT .can i apply for the IPS exam after my graduation?then what is the percentage for need the exam?and what are all requrment of physical fitness?

6th July 2012, 02:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS exam after doing 2nd year BSc IT? Percentage needed for the exam? What is the physical fitness requirements?

No, you cannot apply for IPS exam with 2nd year B.SC course. Graduation is the qualification necessary to apply for IPS post. Hence, you have to first pursue your graduation and then apply for IPS exam. There is no set percentage of marks which is necessary to apply for the same. Candidates should be physically fit to apply for the same. As part of eligibility criteria, certain physical standards are specified in case of height, weight, eyesight etc which one should adhere to apply for this post. Those who clear written exam need to attend physical test and personal interview too.
12th July 2012, 01:18 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Can I apply for IPS exam after doing 2nd year BSc IT? Percentage needed for the exam? What is the physical fitness requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganapaa View Post
Hello sir,
i am doing second year Bsc IT .can i apply for the IPS exam after my graduation?then what is the percentage for need the exam?and what are all requrment of physical fitness?
Hey friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

This is a Indian Civil Service post and for joining in this post you need to write the IPS exam and this exam is held every year and is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

There are eligibility criteria's framed for the exam which has to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam.

Being a 2nd year B.sc student you are ineligible for the IPS Exam as you are not satisfying the education qualification needed for the exam

Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized univerisity and you need to have got a fair percentage.

At the time of final degree exam you can apply for the IPS exam as you will be eligible for the IPS Exam

The other standards which you need to satisfy are that:
  • You need to be a citizen of India
  • The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years
  • There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates.

You need to satisfy them all in order to apply for the IPS Exam.

If you are satisfying them all then you can apply for the exam in 2 ways which are:

> Online
> Offline

If you need to further more information regarding the exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
12th July 2012, 02:33 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS exam after doing 2nd year BSc IT? Percentage needed for the exam? What is the physical fitness requirements?

hi,
IPS EXAM STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service: one of the most glamorous services of India. Every young with courage and heroism wanted to be an IPS officer, to punish the criminals, to protect the helpless, to save the people in distress.
Who can forget the memorable IPS ACP Ajoy Singh Rathod in Aamir Khan’s Sarforosh and his fighting against the foreign terrorists

IPS EXAM ELIGBLITY;-

The minimum educational qualification of an IPS officer is Graduation (10+2+3/4) under any recognized Indian University.
A plain graduation degree is enough; you need not to have first class or any minimum grade or result to be eligible.
You are equally eligible to be an IPS officer if you are a Pass Graduate, i.e. without Honours.
Technical students like an Engineering graduate or an MBBS pass out may appear for the exam to be an IPS officer.
The minimum age requirement for General (UR) category students is 21 to 30 years. The OBC students will get 3 years age relaxation while the SC/ST students will get 5 years
you are not eligible for ips exam.
for more-
upsc.gov.in
15th January 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, what should be the physical fitness for becoming an IAS officer and what should be the percentage in graduation.
5th November 2013, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

To appear in IPS examination Is graduation mandatory or the course completion is enough?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?