26th June 2012, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MBA with 42% marks in graduation?

Can i apply for mba with 42% graduation....please tell me can I do it

Related Questions:
  1. Can I fill the form for BBA and give the exam after completing 12th with Commerce and Maths?
  2. PG degree from regular college after graduating from IGNOU?
  3. MBA with 43% marks in Graduation? Other options with such low marks in Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. After doing MBA can I do CS course? What is the procedure to apply and what is the minimum percentage in graduation or post graduation ?
  5. Where can I apply for MBA course having secured 38% in Graduation?
  6. How to apply for MBA after graduating in BSc Electronics? Where can I apply?
  7. How can I apply for MAT examination for MBA course? I have completed graduation degree with 45% marks in English Honors
  8. Will 45% marks in graduation pose any issue to take admission in B.Colleges for MBA course?
  9. Best college for MBA? Which entrance exam to be answered? Can I apply in FMS college for MBA?
  10. Can I apply for B.Ed course with 50% marks in Graduation and 53% in Post Graduation?
  11. Best college for MBA? What is required for the entrance exam? Can I apply in FMS college for MBA? Procedure to apply for it and difference between PGPM and MBA?
  12. What to do MCA or MBA after B.Sc in Computer science?
  13. How to take admission in hotel management after completing TYBSc chemistry?
  14. Bachelor of Physiotheraphy is eligible for CAT?
  15. Top MBA colleges which doesn't require 50% marks in Graduation? -- [New]
  16. Economics honours or B.Com honours which is best? Scope after both the courses?
  17. Can I apply for MBA with 42% marks in graduation?
  18. Can I get Physics honours in Sovarani Memorial college?
6th July 2012, 11:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for MBA with 42% marks in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For persuing MBA one has to give the CAT exam

For CAT exam the candidate must have at least 50% marks in the graduation degree. However a relaxation of 5% is given for the schedule caste, schedule tribe and physically handicapped candidate. But if you belong to the reserved categories. Even then you are not eligible for the exam

However there is another exam for admission in MBA which is MAT Management Aptitude Test for which there is no requirement of minimum percentage in Graduation. It is a state level exam.

Eligibility Criteria for MAT

Educational qualification

The candidates who have completed their graduation degree or are yer waiting for the result are eligible for it

Age limit

The candidate must have completed 21 years of age. However their is no upper age limit.

Number of attempts
There is no limit for the number of attempts.

The following universities give admission on the basis of MAT score -

AIMA-Centre for Management Education (PGDM)
Jaipuria Institute of Management
KIET School of Management
JK Business School
ICFAI University
IILM College of Management Studies

Besides these there are still 600 B-schools which give admission on the basis of MAT score
6th July 2012, 12:53 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..

MBA is a post graduate course of 2 years duration.
You can do this course after your completion of graduation from any recognised stream with any stream.

To pursue MBA course,you will have to first qualify the entrance test conducted for it.After qaulifying the entrance test,you will be called by the institute for Personal Interview and there will be a round of group discussion also.
Some of the entrance tests conducted in India for MBA course are CAT,MAT,SNAT,etc.

The maost famous among these tests is CAT bacause after scoring a good percentile in this test,there is a good chance that you will get admission in an IIM.
IIMs are considered as top management institutes in India and there is a tough competition among students to take admission in it.

Some of the IIMs are IIM,Ahmedabad,IIM Bangalore,IIM Calcutta,IIM lucknow,etc.
But unfortunately,you are not eligible to appear in CAT because to be eligible,you have to fulfil certain criteria like:-
1.You should have done your graduation from a recognised university.
2.You should have got 50% in your graduation.
3.5% relaxation in graduation marks is provided to SC/ST/PH students.
4.No age limit is there.
Since,your marks in graduation is 42%,so you are not eligible to appear in it (CAT).

But friend,don't worry,there are some entrance tests conducted which do not require 50% in graduation.One of them is MAT (Management Aptitutde Test).
So,you can appear in it (MAT).

You are required to fulfil these eligibility:-
1.Graduation from an acclaimed university.
2.If you are in final year,then also you can apply for this test.
3.No age limit is prescribed.
4.No minimum percentage is required in graduation.
So,its better if you start preparing for this test from now onwards and perform better.

Best of luck.
Thanks.
With Regards-
Vikas.
6th July 2012, 01:17 PM
sheenam_mittal13

Dear the minimum eligibility for MBA is 50% so you are not eligible for regular mode. but you can be eligible for distance mode.
some of the good organizations which offer MBA in distance mode are
Symbiosis University,
IGNU, LPU, PTU, Manipal, etc.
Just try in these for the same.
6th July 2012, 02:26 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Well honey with as low as 42% MBA would not be a possibility. The minimum criteria to be eligible to sit for MBA entrance tests(commonly called as CETs) you have to a be a 50% graduation marks holder, if not more. Some institutes make it even 55% and more depending on the decision taken by their administrative body. Even if you are from a reserved category, that is SC/ST/OBC you must have a minimum of 45% or more. Now you may find few private institutes offering MBA without any restriction in graduation criteria, but the question still remains, is that institute UGC or AICTE affiliated or is their degree valuable. Many institutes trap freshers by giving lucrative MBA offers without any criteria or cut-off but if they are not affiliated by any registered administrative bodies, then after 2 years of money and energy wastage you will gain nothing. So be careful and invest your money on some other industry specific course like Chartered Accountancy or BBA. Think about it.
6th July 2012, 03:32 PM
ankur bana

hi,
no......you can not do mba anywhere.....for getting in mba college your marks in graduation is at least 50% in any stream
11th November 2012, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

is enterance test is compulsary for joining mba?
30th May 2013, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

I wnt to do mba frm distance learning with 43 % frm imt cn i do sir ?
4th July 2013, 11:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Your graduation marks is 42% so you are not applicable for maximum no of MBA entrance exam but you can apply in MAT exam .The details of MAT exam is given below-

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test and this Examination is Organized by All India Management Association .

The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University .Final year student in any undergraduate can also apply.

Not required any specific percentage marks in graduation degree .

Pattern for MAT Examination :-

There is no negative marking .

Important Dates for MAT 2013 :-

Last Date For Online Registration =>14 August 2013 (Wednesday)
Last Date for submission of filled in Online Registration Forms at AIMA, New Delhi =>17 August

Exam date -

Paper Based Test=> 01 September 2013 (Sunday)
Computer Based Test=> 07 September 2013 (Saturday

For applying MAT exam , you can pay Rs. 1200/- made in favor of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank.

For downloading link of Admit Card of MAT Exam http://apps.aima.in/matadmitcard.aspx

For more details about MAT entrance exam , you can visit to http://www.aima-ind.org .You can apply for MAT exam through this website .
2nd December 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 42% marks In bcom..so can I do mba....if yes...so which colleges is the best for mba distance
27th April 2018, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I do not have 50 % in my graduation but have 64% in my post graduation from Madras University. Can I apply for CAT?
22nd July 2019, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for mba with 45% marks in graduation
18th August 2019, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MBA with 49.9% mark in graduation
19th August 2019, 10:52 AM
chiki laka chiki

Hello

If you want to do MBA then you must have at least 50% marks in aggregate graduation and you have mentioned that you only have 42% that means you are not eligible for MBA through CAT.

However, if you are still willing to do MBA only and want to pursue a career in Management field then you have to go for MAT or other university specific exam where generally graduation marks are not given weightage and you will be selected on the basis of your performance in that particular exam and in group discussion and personal interview.

Make sure to prepare well for the same. Work on your communication skills.

Hope it will help
21st August 2019, 06:22 PM
Ballisidhu143

For any exam or admission minimum.marks needed is 50-55%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?