31st December 2015, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Possibility for B.Com student to do M.A in Economics?

Hi,
I have just completed my b.com (honors in accounting and finance) with first class position. I applied for m.com in dibrugarh university and was not admitted there. So now I want to pursue my degree of M.A in economics. Is it possible for a b.com student to do M.A in economics? Can it be done regularly or privately? Please I want the details of it.

Related Questions:
2nd January 2016, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility for B.Com student to do M.A in Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have just completed my b.com (honors in accounting and finance) with first class position. I applied for m.com in dibrugarh university and was not admitted there. So now I want to pursue my degree of M.A in economics. Is it possible for a b.com student to do M.A in economics? Can it be done regularly or privately? Please I want the details of it.
No, B.Com student are not eligible for M.A in Economics.

Eligibility criteria for M.A in Economics:-

1)Those candidates who have completed BA in Economics from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in Economics course.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
3rd January 2016, 11:46 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Hi,
The eligibility criteria for M.A Economics course differ from college to college. Those who studied Economics subject at Graduation level are eligible to apply. Since, most of the universities adapt Economics as a major subject in B.Com syllabus so, you are eligible to apply for the M.A Economics. However, first preference will be given to the candidate who completed graduation with the same domain (Economics). It is always commanded to pursue M.A Economics through regular university, which more valuable at the time of finding job opportunities.

Colleges Offering M.A Economics:

A.R. Burla Mahila Varishtha Mahavidyalaya
#213, Sakhar Peth, (Ashikal Maidan)
Solapur, Maharashtra
Phone : (0217) 2743908
Fax : (0217) 2743908

Balaji College of Arts Commerce and Science (BCACS)
Survey No. 55/2-7, Tathawade (Near Wakad Off Mumbai- Bangalore Bypass
Pune, Maharashtra
Phone : (020) 30631094, 30631096, 306341095
Fax : (020) 30631094

Bangurnagar Arts, Science & Commerce College
Ambewadi, Barchi Road, Dandeli
Kannada, Karnataka
Phone : (08284) 231269
Fax : (08284) 231225
3rd January 2016, 11:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,
Yes, you can do M.A in Economics after B.Com. The eligibility to study the M.A Economics is a graduation degree in any stream. But some of the reputed universities ask for graduation in Economics for the master’s degree. The student can do the course in regular or distance mode. The duration of the course is 2 years. The course is available in many universities like,

- Mumbai University - http://archive.mu.ac.in/arts/social_...eco/maprg.html
- Bharathiar University -http://www.b-u.ac.in/departments/economics/courses.html
- Annamalai University -
http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in...rgl&course=015
20th June 2017, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in bcom( c.a)in sathavahana university.In post graduation I want to take MA economics so it is possible or not I want to do it in osmania university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?