10th September 2013, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for railway exam while studying 3rd year B.E

can i apply railway exams while studying 3rd year b.e.?

14th September 2015, 11:00 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for railway exam while studying 3rd year B.E

Being an engineering student ,you can apply for the post of Section Engineer in railway department but after completing your Bachelor's degree .

There are different posts in Railways which are divided into Gazetted (Group 'A' and 'B') and Non-Gazetted (Group 'C' and 'D') in 19 RRBs .

Engineering posts in Railways comes under Group 'A' Posts. Appointment for Group A posts are done through UPSC Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.

The eligibility criteria required for RRB Section Engineer are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed four years Bachelor's Degree in Concerned Engineering Discipline.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 years to 35 Years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The Pay Band + Grade Pay for RRB Section Engineer is Rs.9300-34800 + GP Rs.4600/-

Selection Process:

Online (Computer Based) Examination,

verification of original documents and

medical fitness.

The syllabus for RRB entrance exam are as under:-

General awareness,

Arithmetic Ability,

Reasoning Ability,

General Intelligence ,

General Science and

Technical Ability.

The exam pattern will be in the form of objective type multiple choices questions. There will be 150 questions in the online exam, 90 questions from Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
11th May 2016, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I am final year student of electronics and telecom with ccna certified can i apply for railway exam
27th May 2020, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

I need the list of jobs in railways for civil engineers with b. Tech degree having 50% pass marks that to by writing some supplementary exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?