10th September 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?

Hi sir, i am studying B.E Civil 3rd year. what kind of qualifications should i have to get a govt job in my final year? ho should i apply for IAS exam? can i apply in my 3rd year itself? pls reply me..........

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for best Internship being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Civil?
  2. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  3. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  4. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What to do to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Com?
  6. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  7. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  8. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  9. What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for AFCAT Exam in Technical branch being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of Civil Engineering?
  11. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  12. Which books should I refer for IAS exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  13. Can i apply for Custom Officer post with T.Y.B.Com? -- [New]
  14. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  15. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  16. List of the companies along with their procedure, offering vocational training for civil engineering students? I am pursuing B.Tech(3rd year) with civil engineering stream from NIT, Suratkal
  17. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  18. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
10th September 2011, 06:39 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?

Yes offcourse you can go for IAS exam.
Minimum education criteria = Graduate
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.BUT not in 3rd year.

How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam.please refer www.upsc.gov.in for further detail and to apply.

you can apply for government jobs which is under PSU's i.e Public Sector Undertaking.Government jobs are ONGC, BHEL, ISRO, BSNL, EBL etc
10th September 2011, 10:44 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th September 2011, 12:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

3rd year student are not eligible for IAS exam.After B-TECH you are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminay exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

thanks
11th September 2011, 01:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, i am studying B.E Civil 3rd year. what kind of qualifications should i have to get a govt job in my final year? ho should i apply for IAS exam? can i apply in my 3rd year itself? pls reply me..........
dear friend,

3rd year student are not eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

thanks
3rd November 2011, 10:31 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

you are now in 3 rd year student so after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.

Examination information:-

The*Indian Administrative Service (IAS)*it's conducted by union public service commission(UPSC)

[B]Eligibility:-[B]
A candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university
final year students are also eligible,
Age must in in between 21-30 years*
Upper age relaxation for OBC-3yrs, and sc/ST-5yrs,

Maximum number of attempts*:-
For General - Maximum of 4*
For OBC - Maximum of 7*
For SC/ST - No limit

official website--*http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am b.tech final year student. is their any possibility to write civils exam of this year?
3rd March 2012, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to clear ias exam by doin self...............how many yrs it take to prepare,,,,,,,?????????????/pls ans...
8th July 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

What is age limit to write the IAS....????
5th December 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam , iam a final year student . Can i apply for civil service(IAS,IPS) exams
5th December 2012, 08:08 PM
nitishtrifid

Dear Guest,

As per your educational criteria you are not eligible for this exam right now because you are in 3rd year of your B-tech exam and only those candidate are eligible who are either appearing final year exam or passed in any stream
Eligibility Criteria

eligibility Criteria for IAS exam is

candidate must be graduated from recognized university
****candidate who are appearing final year of your qualifying exam are also eligible for this exam.

Age Limit
Candidate should be 21 to 30 year if he/she belong to general category
there is age relaxation provided to SC/ST and OBC candidate in the upper age limit
For OBC age relaxation 3 years
For SC/ST 5 years age ralaxation
6th December 2012, 12:27 AM
LUCKY 4

HELLO FRIEND........

SORRY !!!!!! third year student are not eligible for IAS exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

good luck !!!!!!!!()()()
15th May 2013, 04:44 PM
anupsahu

HELLO FRIEND........

SORRY !!!!!! third year student are not eligible for IAS exam.This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
16th May 2013, 12:24 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You can apply IAS exam only Online modes.

You have to visit;-www.upsconline.nic.in

Exam Eligibility;-

1-You must be passed a graduate degree from a Indian recognized university
2-There is no percentage requirement
3-Appearing in final year candidates are also eligible.
Age limits;-

General age limits is 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given reserved category students.

Age relaxation;---

3 years age relaxation for OBC category
5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category
10 years for PH candidates

For more;-www.upsc.gov.in
16th May 2013, 06:09 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
I am sorry to say that After pursuing B.Tech 3rd year you are not eligible for Civil Service exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

After passing 3rd year you can apply in Civil Services exam.

QUANTIFICATION:- Passing Graduation with any stream from recognized university.

AGE LIMIT:- Age should be in between 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

There are three stages of selection:-
> Prelims Exam
> Mains exam
> Interview

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
17th May 2013, 01:16 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Being pursing 3rd year of BE in Civil Engineering, you are not eligible for IAS.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer, one has to get through Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

So as you are interested for IAS, you have to complete Your B.E. in Civil Engineering in order to apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?