21st May 2016, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SBI PO having 55% in graduation?

I am just graduated and my overall percentage of 3 years is 55%. Can i apply for SBI PO as i am in a general criteria?
Please tell fast.
thank you.

21st May 2016, 07:21 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI PO having 55% in graduation?

Nice to see your interest in Banking sector. State Bank of India is the largest commercial bank of the country. SBI PO is one of the good job in the banking sector.

Eligibility Criteria
Academic Qualification - Graduation in any discipline from a recognize University. Final Year candidates may also apply.

Age Limit - The age must be between 21 to 30 year as on 01/04/2016. The age relaxation is applicable for the reserve category candidates.

So, as per eligibility criteria given in notification you are eligible to apply. So, don't worry and prepare well for the examination. The competition is really tough due to large number of candidates. The last date for online application is 24th May so apply hurry. I am attaching the notification of SBI PO for your support.

Notification SBI PO
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification-SBI-PO-Posts-English.pdf(235.9 KB, 44 views)
21st May 2016, 07:35 PM
13precious

No you are not eligible for Bank PO exam with 55% marks as general category.

Eligibility Criteria:- You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks.

Age Criteria:- 21 to 30 years

One must you have a computer knowledge certificate.

Exam Pattern:- Preliminary exam & Main Exam

Selection Procedure:- Written exam & Interview
21st May 2016, 08:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am just graduated and my overall percentage of 3 years is 55%. Can i apply for SBI PO as i am in a general criteria?
Please tell fast.
thank you.
Yes, you are eligible for SBI PO exam.

Candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 21 years.

Best books for SBI PO exam:-

A Comprehensive Guide For State Bank Of India Probationary Officer Recruitment Examination – 2011
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Upscportal Publications

SBI probationary officers and associate banks Examination Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-Delhi

State Bank Probationary Officers Examination
by T.S. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

SBI P O Solved Papers
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
21st May 2016, 08:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

SBI PO stands for State Bank of India Probationary Officer. SBI conducts its own entrance examination other than IBPS PO examination.

The eligibility criteria for SBI PO examination is that candidate must have completed graduation from any recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for examination. You can apply for examination with 55% marks.

The age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for OBC candidates upto three years and SC/ST candidates upto five years. This exam has three stages, Preliminary exam, Main exam and interview.
21st May 2016, 10:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for SBI PO examination. PO stands for Probationary Officer and the recruitment on above post is done after qualifying in the examination.

The examination is conducted by SBI and the eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-30 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The candidates have to appear and qualify in written. interview as well as group discussion for final selection.
21st May 2016, 10:27 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for SBI PO examination even if you have completed Graduation with an aggregate of 55% marks from a recognised board. The SBI has not mentioned about specific percentage required to appear in SBI PO examination. Candidates who have completed Graduation or those who are pursuing final year are also eligible to appy for SBI PO examination.
22nd May 2016, 11:30 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your graduation degree course with 55% aggregate you are eligible for appearing in the SBI PO bank examination or any other bank examination held for recruitment in the nationalized banks of India such IBPS bank PO examination as for these aggregate in the same degree does not matters if you have passed in all the subject of your degree course.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the above mentioned bank PO entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 30 years in case you belong to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same with any stream from a recognized university.

* You must know to work on computers as the banking works are more often than not computer based. Also you must have good communication skills.

For more details about the above mentioned examinations, you can log on the link www.sbiexam.com or www.ibps.in.
22nd May 2016, 04:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for the SBI PO exam with 55 % marks in Graduation being a general category candidate.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for SBI PO exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have a graduation degree with at least 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate who have pursued their degree through distance education are not eligible to apply for the exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

SBI PO exam is conducted in three steps :-

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Group Discussion & Interview

Syllabus for the exam :-

English Language

Quantitative Aptitude

Reasoning Ability
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?