1st January 2012, 04:26 PM
ramchets

Can I attend the IPS exam while studying B.Tech degree through correspondence?

I have studied my B.Tech degree through correspondence course. Can i attend i attend ips exam

1st January 2012, 11:34 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend for IPS Exam having completed B.Tech course in Correspondence?

Yes. You are eligible to appear for IPS Exam after completion of B.Tech course in Correspondence.

In order to be placed in IPS, you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure to become IPS Officer is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

Here is the eligibility criteria that a candidate need to possess in order to take up civil services examination.

-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to take up this exam.

As per age criteria, one have to possess an age between 21-30 years.

-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

The upcoming CSAT Exam is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012. If you are interested, I suggest you to appear for this exam with good preparation.

For complete informtion on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
2nd January 2012, 09:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend the IPS exam while studying B.Tech degree through correspondence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramchets View Post
I have studied my B.Tech degree through correspondence course. Can i attend i attend ips exam

If your graduation course is approved by UGC then you are eligible for IPS exam otherwise not.Details about IPS exam is given below.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.IPS is selected through Civil Service Exam in every year.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

So you can try for graduation course also follow the pattern the syllabus.So every time your focus should be in this exam.

SYLLABUS FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
22nd February 2013, 11:21 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I attend the IPS exam while studying B.Tech degree through correspondence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramchets View Post

Yes you are eligible as the criteria is as follows:

1.The candidate holds graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.

2.Age limit are:

1.For general 21-30 yrs

2.For obc 21-33 yrs

3.For sc/st 21-35 yrs
29th April 2013, 05:07 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible for IPS exam.....

IPS(Indian Police Service) exams are conducted by UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for IPS exam:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Physical fitness criteria for IPS-
Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.
Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.
Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?