6th September 2011, 09:56 PM
hanmanthraj c n

Procedure to attend the IPS exam? How many subjects should I opt? When is the exam held?

What is the procedure to attend ips exam?? and how many subjects should i opt for?? and when will be the exam held??

7th September 2011, 05:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to attend the IPS exam? How many subjects should I opt? When is the exam held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmanthraj c n View Post
What is the procedure to attend ips exam?? and how many subjects should i opt for?? and when will be the exam held??
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and this examination was Conducted By UPSC every year, The examination was held in 2 Stages - Preliminary and Mains.

>> The Preliminary examination was Objective and there are Two papers in this examination and Both are of same marks and same duration, If you will be able to cracked the preliminary examination only then you will be allow to sit in main examination.

>> In main examination you have to choose any one of the Optional Subjects form the given list which was availiable in the UPSC Notification, You have to Opt the Optional subjects as per your Graduation subjects.

To apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS officer you need to complete Your Graduate degree course form a recognised University and Your Age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

>> So, please work hard and try to cracked the Preliminary examination first and then you are eligible to sit in main examination. So please prepare for this examination according to the given Syllabus and Pattern and for more Information please check the official website.

Civil Services Preliminary examination Pattern -

Optional Subjects List -

>> The examination was Going to be Held on 2012 because this year examination was completed And if you are Interested then please apply for this examination in the Month of February, The Notification was Published in the month of February i.e. on 04/Feb/2012.

>> The Preliminary examination was going to be Held on 20/May/2012.

And If you need more Details then please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
7th September 2011, 06:50 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to attend the IPS exam? How many subjects should I opt? When is the exam held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmanthraj c n View Post
Hello friend,
To attend the civil service exam, conducted for IPS, IAS etc, you need to be a graduate within the age limit of 21-30 years. However, if you belong to SC/ST category or OBC category, the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
The examination comprise of three stages, two of which are written examination and the third stage is an interview.
In the first stage which is known as civil service aptitude test, you will have to write two compulsory papers.
After qualifying the first stage, you will move on to the main exam which comprise of four compulsory papers and two optional papers.
The upcoming civil service examination will be held on 20-05-2012.
The application forms will be available from 04-02-2012.
7th September 2011, 07:11 PM
vijendradutt

Eligibility for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination The minimum age requirement for appearing for the Civil Services Preliminary Examination is 21 and the upper age limit is 30 years. The minimum academic requirement is graduation in any discipline from a recognised Indian University or an equivalent academic qualification. All candidates are allowed four attempts. There is a relaxation for SC/ST candidates on the number of attempts, if they are otherwise eligible.

The Preliminary Examination:

There are two papers for the preliminary round. There is one on general studies and another on an optional subject. The question papers are set in both Hindi and English. Each paper is for a duration of two hours. General study covers history, geography, economics and so on. The question papers have objective type multiple choice questions. The general studies paper carries 150 marks.

The syllabus for the optional subject is the same as that for graduation level. The question paper for the optional subject carries 300 marks. The optional subject for the second paper may be chosen from the following :

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and veterinary science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

The Main Examination:

The preliminary round is basically a screening round. The marks obtained are not counted for in the final stage of the examination. For candidates who clear the preliminary round, there is the main round. The second stage is the main examination that includes written tests and an interview. The written test consists of nine papers (essay type answers to be written)

Paper I: One Indian language

That is included in the Eighth schedule of the Indian Constitution. These languages are
Assamese
Bengali
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Malayalam
Marathi
Oriya
Pali
Punjabi
Sanskrit
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu.
This paper is of a qualifying nature and the marks obtained are not counted for ranking. This paper is not compulsory for candidates from the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim. Paper II: English. The English language paper is also of a qualifying nature and the marks obtained are not counted for ranking.

Paper III: Essay

Paper IV &V: General Studies

Apply for this examination in the Month of February, The Notification was Published in the month of February i.e. on 04/Feb/2012.

or you can log on to :

http://upsc.gov.in
7th September 2011, 09:48 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Procedure to attend the IPS exam is

you can appear in the IPS exam after doing graduation in any subjects/specialization from the university or college recognized by UGC/AICTE.

minimum 50% marks in graduation is required to attain the IPS exam.

age limit for IPS exam is 21-30 years.

next IPS exam details

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:-04.02.2012.

LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:-05.03.2012

DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM:-20.05.2012.

all the best.........
7th September 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

procedure to attend the ips exam. How many subjects should i option?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?