22nd July 2016, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BA honors after failing in B.Sc Maths honors?

I have joined B.Sc Maths Honours but somehow I failed to secure good marks in Part II examination. Now I am willing to change the stream so can I do B.A (hons) under Calcutta University

Related Questions:
22nd July 2016, 10:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BA honors after failing in B.Sc Maths honors?

Yes definitely you can go for Bachelor Of Arts (Hons.) after failing in BSc Maths Honours. So you need not to worry that you have failed and your future has spoiled still you have this option to pursue BA (hons). After completion of this degree you will have lot of job opportunities.
You can go for :

Civil Services
Banking
Post offices
Transport
etc.
23rd July 2016, 12:46 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Arts.

But, you have to pursue/start your course from the beginning that is the first year as there will be no advantage of pursuing B.Sc for two years.

So, if you want to get the admission visit the official website fill the application and qualify in entrance examination for the admission.
23rd July 2016, 01:10 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have joined B.Sc Maths Honours but somehow I failed to secure good marks in Part II examination. Now I am willing to change the stream so can I do B.A (hons) under Calcutta University
I dont think you are eligible to apply for the B.A. hons course under Calcutta University. Because in the eligibility criteria section of each college it has been clearly stated that only 10+2 students who has passed out this year or in 2015 can apply.

But there is no reason to lose heart over it. You can do it through correspondence netaji subhas university as well. It is one of the most famous open university in the country now and UGC recognized too.

NSOU Important Date:-
  1. On-line admission system will be available for the applicants - 23.07.2016 to 06.08.2016
  2. Verification and Endorsement of Application Form from Study Centres - 23.07.2016 to 07.08.2016
  3. Online fees collection - 23.07.2016 to 06.08.2016
  4. Offline fees collection through Bank Challan - 26.07.2016 to 09.08.2016
  5. Final submission of Application Form to the Study Centres after payment of Fees - 23.07.2016 to 21.08.2016

Contact Details:-

Address: 8A, Babu Bagan Lane, K. B. Lane, Bank Colony, Park Circus, Babu Bagan, Selimpur, Dhakuria, Kolkata, West Bengal 700031
Phone: 033 4066 3220
23rd July 2016, 01:38 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is fair to change colleges under the same university as per the university guidelines.
But changing stream under the same college is completely unacceptable.
Only way to change your stream is you should change your college too.
For that you should write a proper application and ask to provide migration certificate in the regard of changing college to the head of the college (Principle), signed and approved by your HoD.
23rd July 2016, 01:53 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Np, You can not take admission in BA (Honours) in second year directly, If you are fail in Math subject then you should wait for the compartment paper or carry over paper, Else you you one year time will be wasted. If you think that you are not able to pass B.Sc (Math Honors) then you can go for fresh admission in BA Honours. You will have to start from the beginning.

As per calcutta University Norms : A candidate allowed to continue in the second year shall have the option to clear his/her failed subjects/ groups of subjects of Part-I and Part-II Examinations in one or more chances within the stipulated period with passed/qualified subjects/groups of subjects remaining in credit.

So you have one more option to go directly in second year and for that you will habe to clear you back paper and will have to apply for BA Honours.
23rd July 2016, 02:12 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

You definitely can
but then you will have to first withdraw your seat in this course and then apply for the other course from starting.

If you are thinking that in mid of the session you can change the stream then its definitely not possible due to obvious practical reasons as the two courses are different.

So, first of all you will have to complete all the procedures regarding withdrawing of the seat mid-session and then wait for the new session to start because again, it is not at all possible to begin a new course in the middle of a session, not for you and not even for your university.

So, first of all contact the administrative department of your university and follow the procedures they tell you.
23rd July 2016, 05:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

B.A. (Hons.) stands for Bachelor of Arts. It is a three-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Arts.

Eligibility :-

=> Candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised board are eligible to study B.A. (Hons.) course.

Admission Process :-

=> Most of the colleges offer admissions to B.A. (Hons.) course directly on basis of merit of 12th standard board examinations.

=> Some top reputed colleges/ universities conducts an entrance examination/ admission test to find merit candidates to offer admission in B.A. (Hons.) course.

As per the data you have mentioned in your query, you have joined B.Sc. Honours course and not interested to continue the course, as you have passed 12th standard from a Government recognised board, you are eligible to do B.A. (Honours) course.
23rd July 2016, 06:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you are not interested in doing Bachelor's degree in Mathematics then you can do bachelor of arts.

But this will cost you loss of two academic years because if you will change stream, you will have to get admission in Bachelor of arts in first part.

Till, now you have complete two parts in B.Sc in Mathematics, so it is better to continue this course, you will be eligible for various government jobs even with less percentage of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?