2nd September 2012, 01:28 AM
avi kashyap

Can I do MCA after BA with economics?

can i do mca after B.A with economics. i have done 12th with math and 62% marks in math . please suggest me. can i do regular MCA?

9th October 2012, 02:22 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after BA with economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi kashyap View Post
can i do mca after B.A with economics. i have done 12th with math and 62% marks in math . please suggest me. can i do regular MCA?
Yes you having Chance to get admission for MCA Course . Because you having Mathematics Subject in 12th standard . So, Please don't worry you having to get admission for MCA Course in regular Mode .

MCA Stands for Master of Computer Application . The duration of the Course is for three years and the Course is divided into six semester .

Eligibility Criteria for MCA Course :-

Student should Complete Bachelor degree Course / Equivalent Course in any discipline from recognized University .

Student should Compulsory Studied Mathematics /Statistic as Main Subject in 12th standard (or) Bachelor degree Course .

Student should score Minimum 60% Percentage of marks and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

You have Studied Mathematics Subject in 12th standard . So, your eligible to apply for BCA Course .

The Admission for MCA Course is based on the Entrance Examination which is Organized by the Institution.

Every Institution may Conducts own Entrance Examination within the College . Based on the Entrance Examination performance the Student you may get admission for MCA Course .

Reference Books for MCA Entrance Examination :-

## MCA Test: Master of Computer Application Entrance Test
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Price: Rs. 610

## A Complete Guide For M.C.A. Entrance Exam by R. S. Aggarwal
Publisher: S. Chand Publisher
Price: Rs. 236

## JNU MCA Entrance Mock Test by Amit M Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs. 250

## IT- JAM MCA Entrance by Amit M Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs. 175

Best MCA Colleges in India :-

~~ Vellore Institute Of Technology
~~ Banaras Hindu University
~~ National Institute of Technology
~~ Birla Institute of Technology
~~ PSG College of Technology
~~ Pondicherry Central University
~~ MN National Institute of Technology
9th October 2012, 10:18 AM
lethal predator
Member+

Dear..

Yes you can choose MCA for your masters after doing BA in economics. If you have Maths as one of the subject in your higher secondary (12th) then you are eligible for the exam for the exam of NIT. It is the exam conducted for most of the prestigious college in the country.

If you have not done maths in 12th then also you can apply for this course by many state universities but you have to complete your graduation before that.

MCA stands for master of computer application and this subject is totally related to computer and programming so think before you go for the course as it will be a complete new line for you.

Cheers
9th October 2012, 12:36 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi kashyap View Post
Dear,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications.It is a postgraduate graduate course.Duration of this course is 3 years.

Candidates who have completed their BCA, BBA or B. Tech can apply for an MCA course.Since MCA is a professional course it requires lots of technical knowledge in the field of computer. Candidates who have done their graduation in science i.e BSc can also apply for this course as these candidates must have studies Mathematics as a subject in their 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

You need to write MCA entrance exams for taking admission in MCA courses. Since you are from arts background i.e. BA from economics you are not eligible for this course. I will suggest you not to waste your time in it and do something in your field. You can do BBA and grow in your field as per the requirement.

All the best!
9th October 2012, 12:50 PM
Arajjo

Hello friend...

Yes, you do MCA after the B.A there are many university whose eligibility the Bachelor degree with 50% marks and you also join the Correspondence University.

first you clear the Entrance exam then join the MCA..

you also do the MCA from IGNOU, PTU, KSOU, SMU university..

Thanks..

All the Best!!
31st May 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I have maths paper in12 $ also i have done graduation in economics can i do m.c.a
20th June 2016, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I passed my 12th with phy, che, bio,and math and graduation with economics honours.
Am I eligible for MCA or not.
62 marks I obtained in math in 12th standard
21st July 2017, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after BA with economics but 12th maths marks only 40 and BA marks 79%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?