26th July 2011, 12:40 PM
rahul490649

Can I do MCA from IIT after completion of B.Tech in CS?

hello, im rahul waiting for my BSC(CS) 1st year result is B.tec(cs) best after bsc. I also qualified for b.tec entrance this year so should i do b.tec now or is it best for me after doing bsc(cs) And if i do b.tec(cs) than can i do MCA from IIT ......

Related Questions:
  1. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course?
  2. Whether IIT-Chennai offers MCA program? Duration and scope of MCA course? Preparation tips for JAM?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT madras after completion of MCA with 8.67 CGPA?
  4. How much salary can I earn after completion of B.Tech in IIT?
  5. Which exam I need to give to get admission for Ph.D in best colleges like IIT after completion of MCA course? -- [New]
  6. Can I teach B.Tech CS, B.Tech IT and MCA after completing MCA with first division?
  7. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  8. Which course is better after completion of B.Tech?
  9. Best institute to pursue Aeronautical Engineering? What are the career prospects?
  10. Am I eligible to teach B.E./BTech and MCA students after completing MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  12. Is it possible for me to enroll for direct Ph.D course in IIT madras after completion of MCA course in VIT?
  13. In which campus of IIT, MCA course is offered? Fee structure and number of seat available in IIT for MCA course?
  14. Can I get BCA course after taking Chemistry, Maths, Computer Application, English and Physical Education in ISC 12th?
  15. Which are the best Job oriented courses to do along with MCA course after completion of BCA course with 89% of marks?
  16. How much is the salary after completing BCA?
  17. Can I do MCA from IIT after completion of B.Tech in CS?
  18. Campus of IIT which offer Master of Computer Application course?
7th August 2011, 12:23 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: Can I do MCA from IIT after completion of B.Tech in CS?

Both of the B.Sc. and B.Tech. degree are undergraduate degrees. You don't need to do B.Sc. for doing B.Tech. neither will it give you much more options or opportunities for your jobs and other things. You must have been misguided by someone.

If you are selected for engineering entrance exam then you must certainly go for engineering courses and take admission in some engineering college for B.Tech. program. You don't need to do B.Sc. at all before doing B.Tech.

IIT does not organizes the programs for MCA. So you cannot do it from an IIT institution. You can do M.Tech. or MBA from an IIT after doing B.Tech. but not MCA.
21st August 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Iit roorkee organizes mca program .but btech is better than bsc and if you want to do btech then you must not do mca in place of that you should plan of mtech.
22nd March 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

what does MCA actually include;such as programming part?
1st June 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my graduation in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Now I'm interested in IT field. Which is the best course that I can do for my PG?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?