31st January 2011, 03:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MD after completing BDS? If it is not possible in India then can I do abroad?

Hi..i m christina,m doing my bds from haldia.after completing this can i do md md is possible after bds in india??if its not possible in india then is it possible in abroad?coz i hv seen doctor hvng dds and md degree,whereas dds is similar to bds of india...plz reply....with regards.....

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to study BDS? Job opportunities after completing BDS in India and Abroad?
  2. Possibility to study BDS in India and practice in Abroad? Is BDS highly demanded in Abroad? Minimum salary to earn there?
  3. Possibility to study BDS in India and practice in Abroad? Is BDS highly demanded in Abroad? Minimum salary to earn there?
  4. BDS from India or abroad which is better?
  5. Should I do my PG after completing BDS from India or from abroad?
  6. Where should I pursue MDS, India or Abroad after completing BDS? Scope of BDS doctor in India?
  7. Scope of BDS abroad? Eligibility criteria for MDS outside India? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What I should do to study abroad after completing BDS course?
  9. Can I do MDS in abroad after completing BDS in India? Minimum eligibility criteria required to apply?
  10. Can I get job in Abroad after completing BDS? What is the scope of BDS over MBBS?
  11. Possibility to practice in Abroad for BDS student of India? -- [New]
  12. How to go abroad after completing BDS? What is the criteria for MDS
  13. Should I go abroad after BDS or should I stay in India? Courses which are offered by universities in abroad apart from DDS?
  14. Details about MDS in abroad after completing BDS
  15. Procedure to work in abroad after BDS from India? What are the salary prospects?
  16. Eligibility to pursue Internship in abroad if passed BDS in India?
  17. Job opportunities for BDS Doctor of India in Abroad? Which is the favourable country for Dentistry?
  18. How to get settled in abroad after completing BDS and have my own clinic with 3 years of clinical experience?
16th June 2011, 04:16 PM
D.Vignesh

Thumbs up Re: Can I do MD after completing BDS? If it is not possible in India then can I do abroad?

hi friend,

ya you can do the MD after doing the BDS........
if you get the chance to do it in abroad means you can do it....
otherwise , you can do it in INDIA itself........

all the best...........
18th June 2011, 07:21 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: Can I do MD after completing BDS? If it is not possible in India then can I do abroad?

it is possible to do Md in india and abroad.
18th June 2011, 10:28 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do MD after completing BDS? If it is not possible in India then can I do abroad?

Hello friend ...

Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a doctoral degree for physicians. The degree is granted by medical schools , colleges or the universities ..

In India , eligibility for the MD course is restricted to medical graduates holding the MBBS degree (which has a duration of five and a half years), and training is obtained in medical disciplines which are non-surgical in nature (e.g.: Internal Medicine, Radiology, Pathology, etc.). After three years of study and the successful completion of an examination which includes both theoretical and practical elements, in a pre-clinical or clinical subject of a non-surgical nature, the candidate receives an MD degree.

And in order to be eligible to apply for an MD degree from a UK or Commonwealth University one must hold either an MBBS, MBChB, or an equivalent US-MD degree and must usually have at least 5-years of postgraduate experience.

As far as I am concerned one is not eligible to do he MD degree after doing the BDS in India .

In abroad also it is not possible for the BDS candidates to do the MD degree . Only the candidates with the MBBS or the equivalent degree are eligible ...

So best of luck for future....
1st July 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do MD after completing BDS? If it is not possible in India then can I do abroad?

After doing BDS can one go in the field of cosmetic surgery?
2nd July 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure for doing ent after bds?? ent cource will be of how many years??
15th August 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

can i do m.d.s in abroad after b.d.s in india. if yes which all countries will allow?
2nd September 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

i hav completed my bds nd wnt to do a govt. job.... am i eligible for it? later i wnt to pursue mds frm india or abroad, whichever is better.wht the best way to crack mds entrance test?
19th November 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

after b.d.s can i do cosmetic surgery ???
10th November 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

can i do MA or MS after completing my BDS ?
9th November 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

can i do cosmetic surgery course after b.d.s?
7th November 2014, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I do plastic surgery course after completing BDS ?it is possible in India or any other country?
6th October 2015, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for further studies in US or Singapore after becoming BDS from India ?
25th February 2016, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do plastic surgery course after completing BDS ?it is possible in India or any other country?
Yes, you can be a Facial plastic surgeon restricted to head and neck only.
Aftr Bds ,you need to pursue your Mds in oral and maxillofacial surgery (omfs)which is a three years course, surgeries like
1)orthognathic surgery
2) cleft lip and palate
3)rhinoplasty
4) liposuction restricted to head and neck
you can also go for super speciality ( mch fr medical student)
One can do fellowship in branches like viz
1) head and neck oncology
2) trauma
3) plastic surgery
4) implantology
5)oral oncology
Hey ,the first face transplant in the world was done by an omfs surgeon
Chillax, omfs does better job than ent or plastic surgeon for that matter
You guys( bds) studied head and neck region for 5 yrs , in addition with an mds degree in omfs ( that would be 5+3= 8) but leave the tonsils to us 😄
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?