16th May 2017, 12:05 PM
Mridul Benjwal

Can I do Merchant Navy after NIOS

Can I get a chance in Merchant Navy, after passing 12th Standard from National Institute of Open Schooling. Please answer my question sir?

16th May 2017, 03:07 PM
isargie

Default Re: Can I do Merchant Navy after NIOS

After passing 12th career in merchant navy is good option to chose. This job belongs to sea, away from home.One seeing future in this line of work ,one should also aware of fact that physical fitness plays vital role in selection process.

One can also apply for merchant navy course after 10th or even after graduation. Candidate with 12th (Physics,chemistry , mathematics),can work deck.Further examinations wear conduced to promote the candidate to higher level officer once they received competency certificate.

General eligibility criteria::

=>Candidate should have 17 - 19 years of age can apply for NDA examination.
=>Candidate should be Indian citizen.
=>Height should be 167cms.
=>eyesight - 6/6.

16th May 2017, 06:31 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class from NIOS board. There is a certain educational qualification required in order to be eligible for joining Merchant Navy.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "12th Class" or "Higher Secondary Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

>> As National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a recognized university, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th Class.

>> Minimum age required is 16.5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years.
16th May 2017, 10:25 PM
perthc

Hi,

Probably you are eligible for Merchant Navy after you did 10+2 in NIOS.

Normally the criteria or eligibility to apply for Merchant Navy is

==>You should have completed 10+2 system or equivalent, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as elective subjects.

Some of the Qualifying Examinations are--->

--->All India Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE - Higher Secondary Examination (from any Central/State Board of Secondary Education)

---> Indian School Certificate Examination of Council of Indian School of Examination, New Delhi.

---> Intermediate Science/Technical or 2-year per-university examination.

---> Final Examination of 2-year course of Joint Service Wing of the NDA.

--->1st year examination of a 5-year integrated course from an IIT- or IIT recognized institution/university.

---> 1st year examination of a 3-year degree course of any recognized Indian University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?