20th May 2011, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE exam if I failed in 1 year of engineering course?

I am a 3rd year engineering student. I had failed in the 1year of the course ( year down ). Will I be eligible to appear for the GATE exam this year or the next, as it will be counted as 5years for completion of the course?
Also, I would be very thankful if you could mail me your response, please!
My email id is [email protected]. Please! :-)

21st May 2011, 01:06 AM
karthiksiva

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam if I failed in 1 year of engineering course?

You say thay you are in the third year of the engineering course. Then you are eligible to apply.
21st May 2011, 10:47 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam if I failed in 1 year of engineering course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 3rd year engineering student. I had failed in the 1year of the course ( year down ). Will I be eligible to appear for the GATE exam this year or the next, as it will be counted as 5years for completion of the course?

If you are failed in the 1st year then you are not eligible to apply for

GATE exam in this year. You can apply for the GATE exam in the final

year of B.Tech. If you becomes one year down then i think that you

are eligible in the next year. The GATE exam is conducted by IIT

for the admission in the postgraduate program in M.Tech.

If you want to get details information regarding GATE exam then

please visit the official website of IIT.

http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/
Visit this website.

Regards
~Mukul~
21st May 2011, 02:33 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well yes you can take this exam there is no such restriction in gate exam .Even if
you have current backlogs even then you can fill the application form but at the time of
admission to MTECH you must have cleared all exam to take admission to college .So it
mean that even you have failed in exam you can take this exam

Eligibility for GATE ::

You must have bachelor's degree
You must have Master degree holders in any branch of Mathematics or Statistics or
Science or Computer Applications.
There is no age limit .

GATE score is valid for 2 years
You can apply for any number of times.
21st May 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a metallurgy student. can i write bhel exams
21st May 2011, 08:59 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I dont think you would face any problem due to this.
Eligibility for GATE:

Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Also there is no age requirement & no bar on number of attempts.
22nd May 2011, 11:01 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam if I failed in 1 year of engineering course?

Quote:
No problem you are eligible after clearing the examination which you have backlog

but you should be clean without any backlogs while taking admission through GATE entrance.

anyways use the time effectively for your preparation and clear your backlog as early as possible then you are eligible for the examination

Only thing they will be expecting while admission is your certificate that's all if you can produce that then you are definitely eligible.

This is the info from the trusted genuine sites so don't worry about the eligibility

Prepare well for your examination

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd May 2011, 01:14 PM
vnr0001

How to compute correlation between/within groups of variables?
22nd May 2011, 01:21 PM
vnr0001

What are some techniques for sampling two correlated random variables?
22nd May 2011, 01:36 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible for GATE exam if I failed in 1 year of engineering course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthiksiva View Post
You say thay you are in the third year of the engineering course. Then you are eligible to apply.
Dear friend yes you are surely eligible for this exam because this exam is very open and there is no any limitations ,

If you have talent then you can try next year not you can give this exam any time in the life..........

ELIGIBILITY:-

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
22nd May 2011, 02:05 PM
vnr0001

Difference between sampling distribution and data distribution..........
22nd May 2011, 02:07 PM
vnr0001

Can we compute bivariate from marginal distributions?
22nd May 2011, 02:10 PM
vnr0001

What is the median of a non-central "t" distribution?
22nd May 2011, 02:35 PM
frooty.scooty

yes you are eligible. there are no problem to appear in GATE examination if you have one backlog also.GATE score card is valid for two years
22nd May 2011, 05:54 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:

[email protected]

YES,
you are eligible to write Graduate Aptitude test in engineering (GATE), but need to clear backlogs before taking admission though gate.

- As during verification of certificate passed remake is compulsory to promote.

So friend start working hard and clarify your backlogs with good percentage ..

Eligibility criteria :-

- candidate holding degree in Bachelor's Engineering/Technology/Architecture

- students in the final or pre-final year of B.Tech (4 yrs)

- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications

for more detailed information visit official site...

10th July 2011, 05:12 AM
Unregistered

minimum kitne no hone chiye engineering ya bsc in cs mein taki hm gate exam de sake.
20th August 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

iam a sy year down student of Mechanical Engineering can i appear for the gate exams?
10th October 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

can a appear for GATE 2012 if hav reapper in 1st n 2 nd year
PLS inform me at [email protected]
29th March 2014, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to continue my B.E. mech. engineering course in shivaji university, i have failed three times in total, one time in F.E. and two times in S.E.
1st June 2014, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

There is need of the every year having first class in degree course for eligible for gate exam ?
16th July 2014, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

I m 2nd yr down student but my score aggrigate around 64% nd i m prepare for GATE so any cause to get IIT much score in GATE
18th July 2014, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

I am 1 year failed in second year mechanical engineering can this effected on my job ?
6th February 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Im an 2nd year civil engineering student, i hv 3 backlogs in my 3rd semester will i hv the ability to take up GATE exam in my future
Plz reply to my e mail account

[email protected]

With regards,
Ajay
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?