6th September 2015, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for NET entrance after PG in English Literature with only 62% marks?

Can i apply for NET entrance after PG in English Literature with only 62% marks?

Related Questions:
  1. ICSE Class X English literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. IGNOU Masters in English-American Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. CBSE Class X English – Language and Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. IGNOU Masters in English-Indian English Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. English literature reference books for NET?
  6. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  7. Can i pursue MA in abroad after completing BA (English Literature) from JNU?
  8. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?
  10. Can I apply for another course in Kerala University after scoring 40% marks in English Literature
  11. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to start preparing for NET exam while doing PG in English Literature?
  13. Eligibility to appear for NET after scoring 55% marks in masters?
  14. Names of the books available for literature students? I have completed my UG in English Literature
  15. Date of availability of forms for M.Phil in English in Literature in DU?
  16. Can I apply for PGT after doing M.A from English Literature with 50% marks
  17. What is the NET syllabus? I have finished PG in English Literature
  18. Maximum age for females to apply for government school? Can I pursue B.Ed with 47% marks in English Literature? I am 34 years old
6th September 2015, 08:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for NET entrance after PG in English Literature with only 62% marks?

You can apply for NET because you have above 55% marks in your post graduation. You will be eligible for English literature subject as you have the qualification in it.

Hence, don't worry about anything and be prepared for the exam. Get some good study material for your preparation.
7th September 2015, 11:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for NET entrance after PG in English Literature with only 62% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed PG in English with 62% marks so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
7th September 2015, 01:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NET is the National Eligibility Test. University Grants Commission conducts this entrance test twice every year for the:

>>Lectureship.

>>Junior Research Fellowship.

In order to appear for this exam, a candidate must have done master's degree from a recognized university with at least 55% marks in master's degree. For SC/ST candidates, it is only 50%.

So with 62% marks in English Literature in master's degree, you are eligible for the upcoming NET exam in December. The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

You will have to wait for the December NET notification. Keep visiting www.ugc.ac.in for latest updates.
7th September 2015, 03:23 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by CBSE for students to become eligible for lecturership....

Yes, You will definitely eligible for NET entrance exam...

Eligibility:Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC candidates)..

**If you want to know about the detailed information you have to go through the detailed notification of NET..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NET brochure.pdf(941.2 KB, 11 views)
7th September 2015, 04:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you can apply for NET entrance after PG in English Literature with 62% marks .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .The exam is conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) twice a year in the month of June and December .

The eligibility criteria for the NET exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed the Master's degree with at least 55% marks from any recognized university.

-The candidate age must be below 35 years.There is age relaxation as per gov. rules for reserved categories.

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?