12th November 2010, 08:08 AM
rnthakare

Can I get admission in IIT if I fail to submit OBC Non Creamy layer certificate?

Sir
I belongs to non creamy layer OBC, Can I get admission in General category if I fail to submit OBC noncremy layer certificate.

14th November 2010, 04:46 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT if I fail to submit OBC Non Creamy layer certificate?

If you have applied for OBC category you need to submit the form compulsory.and rest you leave on authority and attend counselling..
6th December 2010, 01:50 PM
revanth

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT if I fail to submit OBC Non Creamy layer certificate?

yes you will be considered as a general category student if you fail to show the certificate.

all the best for the exam.
20th February 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

i have cast cetificate ,cetral obc certificate, but now my parants income is greater than 4.5 lakhs can i use obc reservation in gate
21st February 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

No . as you are not falling in Non creamy layer OBC
25th February 2011, 12:23 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

get admission in IIT if fail to submit OBC Non Creamy layer certificate
yes you will be considered as a general category student if you fail to show the certificate.

good luck
7th March 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

hii,

In gate application form i specified general merit category, but now my father retired from his services, can i get OBC Non creamy layer certificate and specify same while applying to iit colleges. But am working in a software company and my income in more than 5lakh.

please clarify this
6th May 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

In iit 2011 I have not mentioned myself in obc category. Now the exam is over, canj I submit obc certificate now for good rank in obc category. D P S Chauhan
1st June 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

we are getting salary annual income more than 4.5lakhs can my son get eligibility in non creamylayer
3rd June 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

sir.. i am working in a media , crossing 4.50 lakhs annually.. shall my son be allegeble for obc reservations
6th June 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, We r abv the limit of 4.5 lakhs, but we submit form in OBC ( Creamy Layer ) category,
Also IIT JEE result declared under OBC Category Rank. So What to do I can get Admission
in the same category. Pls inform urgently.
10th June 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I submit my OBC into the IITs?
12th June 2011, 12:57 PM
ajinkyachowdhury

Full facts about OBC reservations
The Central Educational Institutions Act, 2006 by the HRD Ministry provides 27 per cent reservation for OBCs in central educational institutions
The details of OBC list can be verified from
(1) National Commission for Backward Classes (It is a correct and updated list)
(2) Gazettes of india pasted Ministry of social Justice and empowerment

For availing reservation
Candidates applying for posts reserved for OBC should attach a copy of caste certificate along with non-creamy layer certificate.

Creamy layer
creamy layer income criteria enhanced to Rs 4.50 lacs order date 14.10.2008 (Revision of rule 6 of creamy layer criteria dated 08.09.1993)

Non Creamy layer
income below Rs 4.5 lacs.
29th July 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir my fathers annual income is more than 5.30 lakhs a year....can i get the obc reservation seats of enginering just for admission...
1st October 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

how to get obc non creamy layer certificate?
6th October 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
If parent is central govt employ his salaried income is above 4.5 lacs can his son get obc reservation in iit.
8th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR,
MY FATHER IS A GROUP' C 'CENTRAL GOVT.EMPLOYEE AND OUR CAST IS COMING UNDER OBC BUT HIS SALARY INCOME IS ABOVE 4.5LAKHS APPROXIMATELY 4.7 LAKHS.CAN I GET OBC NON-CREAMY LAYER CERTIFICATE ? AS INCOME FROM SALARY IS NOT TO BE ADDED AS PER DOPT LETTER IN 1993,2004 AND 2008.KINDLY REPLY.
14th October 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

how to get this
7th November 2011, 08:51 PM
MANAK CHAND PATIDAR

Sir
I belongs to non creamy layer OBC, Can I get admission in General category if I fail to submit OBC noncremy layer certificate.[/QUOTE]
11th November 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I put obc in my application online form .(iit entrance exam) If i could not submit obc certificate then my form is reject or not. Please tell me.
19th November 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

The income certificate that is given governmet under 100000/- is consedered as creamy ceritificate while going for IIT?
Hem nagendra
23rd November 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

i have joined as a lucturer in an aided in kerala.from 1-1-2006 onwards i have promoted as associate professor at the age of 43 years.can my daughter get non creamy layer certificate for to apply IIT entrance examination.please reply immedietly
1st December 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

whether the obc certificate enclose at the time of applying JEE
3rd December 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I have SUBMITTED my iit-jee 2012 application form by ticking the OBC-NCL category.Will I be considered in the general category if I am unable to get the original OBC-NCL certificate on time?
17th March 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

i have my obc non creamy layer certificate if i submit it during counsiling whether i was treated as obc or general
4th April 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

does nongovernment private practising doctor come under obc noncreamy layer
24th October 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,for nc-obc students what is the minimum percentile that we score in cat examination
24th February 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Your are eligible
30th April 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

sir I am 17 years old my father`s annual income is less than 4 Lakh and i also belongs to OBC now, cann I get OBC NCL Certificate in favour of me.
8th June 2013, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I am a private company employee( coming under OBC ) and I am going to retire any time now. Will my children can get the non creamy layer status now, considering my salary is above the said limit during the employment.
3rd February 2014, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Can any OBC candidate get admission in GEN quota as he is unable to submit obc certificate but he has been qualified in open category.
24th January 2016, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

I am a retired employeein lic and getting pension only. My average pension during last 3 years is 4 lakhs. I belong to bc-b category. Is my son eligible for non creamy OBC certificate to apply for lecturer post on centre funded educational institutions. Will pension is having the same status as salary for exemption under creamy layer ?
27th November 2017, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Our Annual income is more than RS.9 lacs... But we have OBC Caste Certificate for my daughter who are in HSC class.... Can she get the OBC reservation seats of Engineering just for admission not for fees concession?
28th November 2017, 04:27 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Our Annual income is more than RS.9 lacs... But we have OBC Caste Certificate for my daughter who are in HSC class.... Can she get the OBC reservation seats of Engineering just for admission not for fees concession?
No, you can not avail the concession for caste certificate for your daughter.
As per the government rules, the candidates whose family income is less than 4.50 Lakh per annum are considered for the OBC Non Creamy layer certificate.

As you mentioned your income exceed the criteria you can not have the cast certificate for Non creamy layer.
the reservation or concession is provided to the non creamy layer candidates not to creamy layer candidates.
If you got the OBC NCL certificate than you can attach the copy with form and avail the concession.
17th December 2017, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have applied GATE 2018 as OBC Non creamy layer candidate as I belong to back ward class in our state. Later on I came to know that I belong to general category in central level. Is my candidature cancelled if I fail to submit OBC certificate or there will be any problem in future regarding this?
18th December 2017, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

I got non creamy layer certificate in 2013, but now my parents annual income from salary exceeds limit 8 lac but income from other source is less than 8 lac than according to ncbc can I apply in jee as nc obc candidate now I submit application for nc obc category and if I do not fall in nc obc than what happen
9th April 2018, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for jee Main 2018 under obc category I have obc creamy layer certificate is I am eligible under general category in nit is it possible to change to general category
11th April 2018, 11:37 AM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have applied for jee Main 2018 under obc category I have obc creamy layer certificate is I am eligible under general category in nit is it possible to change to general category
hello,
The OBC creamy layer category is not eligible for any reservations in the IIT JEE exam as per the regulations.
If you have applied under the OBC Creamy layer than you will be considered as a general category candidate.
You can not change the category after the successful submission.
Keep practicing for the JEE mains exam and clear the exam with good score.
All the best..
22nd September 2019, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

If any candidate opted for obc ncl category in gate exam but somehow if he is not able to show the certificate then can he go to counseling through general category in gate counseling
22nd March 2020, 12:50 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes, you can get admission in the course if you have selected general category while submitting the form
But if you have selected OBC and have not submitted the documents then you your form will not be accepted
So if you do not have proper documentation than just select general category , because if you select OBC there may be some problem
22nd March 2020, 10:30 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes you will be able to get admission in IIT but you will have to select general category
If you select OBC non creamy layer in your form you will have to provide the documents and if you fail to do so your form will not be accepted
You can get admission if you select general category
18th September 2020, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

my father is private employee with more than 8 lakhs pa but mother is private employee with 3 lakh pa. can we get obc non creamy certificate since both are having private jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?