7th June 2018, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIT with 77 marks in JEE Main?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have scored 77 marks in JEE Main of this year. I come under OC category and want to get admission in NIT. So, with this marks in JEE Main, I will get admission in NIT or not? Please help me to know about this immediately.

8th June 2018, 05:18 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT with 77 marks in JEE Main?

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in NIT with 77 marks in JEE Main.

JEE MAIN CUTOFF MARKS FOR NIT COLLEGE

=> GENERAL = 81

=> OBC = 49

=> SC = 32

=> OC = 27

For more information you have to visit at the official website of NIT COLLEGE
8th June 2018, 07:42 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry but according to my knowledge, you must have to score above 100 marks out of 360 marks to get admission in any NIT college. According to your score, you can get admission in IIIT colleges.
9th June 2018, 02:22 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

To know whether you eligible to get admission in one of the NITs or not, check the below mentioned details carefully.

<> The cut off rank or marks needed in JEE Main exam to get admission in NITs vary NIT to NIT and course to course.

<> As per the recent data, candidates who belong to general category need to get 75% marks in class 12 board exam along with the cutoff rank in JEE Main in order to get admission in NITs. For SC/ST category students, they need to get 65% marks in class 12 board exam along with the cutoff rank in JEE Main to get admission.

<> As per the JAB, candidates who obtain more than the cutoff marks in JEE Main are eligible to get admission in NITs and IIITs. The cutoff marks of this year is 74 marks for general category students. Though as previously mentioned, it differs NIT to NIT and Course to Course.

<> Visit the official websites of every NITs to get the accurate cutoff rank need to get admission in that NIT's concerned course.

Click here to see the official notification published by JEE Main authority regarding admission criteria
9th June 2018, 07:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Its nearly impossible to get admission in NIT with 77 marks in OC category (Open Category).

Though, you have cleared cutoff (of 74 marks), by securing 77 marks, but you cannot get admission into NIT on the basis of this marks.

On the basis of these marks, your AIR would be in lakhs. And for getting admission in NITs, your AIR must be at least below 20k.

However, you can get admission to private engineering institute because they reserve some seats for JEE Main appearing candidates.
9th June 2018, 07:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

It is difficult to get admission in NIT after securing 77 marks in JEE Main examination being a OC Category candidate. To know whether you are eligible to get admission in NIT, you have to participate in the JEE Main counselling process according to your examination rank.
10th June 2018, 11:22 AM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I have scored 77 marks in JEE Main of this year. I come under OC category and want to get admission in NIT. So, with this marks in JEE Main, I will get admission in NIT or not? Please help me to know about this immediately.
No, you cannot get admission into NIT if you have secured 77 marks. For getting admission into NIT, you have to secure at least above 240 marks. Then only, you can get admission into any NIT college. Your AIR must be below 25,000 to get admission into NIT.
10th June 2018, 05:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE has two stage JEE Main and JEE Advantage. JEE Main is of 360 marks. There is no chance for even OC candidate to get admission in National Institute of Technology after scoring 77 marks in this exam.

For OBC candidates, you should have at least 200 marks or more to have possibility of getting admission in NIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?