30th May 2011, 10:45 AM
sachanlucky

Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 80% marks in 12th standard?

sir,i have passed 12th with 80 persent marks ,can i get direct admisson in a good college, for b.tec.

30th May 2011, 12:11 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 80% marks in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachanlucky View Post
sir,i have passed 12th with 80 persent marks ,can i get direct admisson in a good college, for b.tec.

Direct admission in B.Tech on the basis of marks obtained in 12th std.

There are very few college in India which provide direct admission in the B.Tech course on the basis of percentage of 12th class. Many college takes direct admission for those student who have obtained above then 90% marks in the 12th class.

Here i give you some college name which takes direct admission in B.Tech course.

->Anna University.

->Lovely Professional University.

->Mangalyatam College of Engineering......etc.

If you have 80% marks in the 12th std. then you have some chance to
take direct admission in the engineering college.

BITS, Pilani provide direct admission only for the board topper of 12th
class. some college takes admission on the basis of AIEEE rank. If your
score in the AIEEE exam comes upto 60,000 rank then i think that you
will get a good college through AIEEE rank.

If you have a talented candidate then you can drop a year for the
preparation of IIT JEE, AIEEE and many other engineering entrance
exam. You can also take help from any good coaching institute for the
preparation.

Hope your doubt to be solved.

Regards
~Mukul~
30th May 2011, 01:06 PM
pooja bhartii

Default Re: Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 80% marks in 12th standard?

No, you have to first clear the various entrance exams for engineering. Then according to your rank you will get admission in engineering colleges. There are various private colleges in which you can get admission easily but it require rank in respective state of entrance exam of engineering.
30th May 2011, 01:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say dear you cant join in b-tech without qualify any entrance exam.

You should go for some entrance exam and qualify with good score.

Then you have chance for b-tech admission.
30th May 2011, 01:47 PM
mandiv

hello
dear all the reputed college take admission in b.tech course on the basis of merits of the entrance exams......
without that there are very few college that will permit you to take admission but that too will not be such good
like PDM in bahadurgarh.....
you will definitely have to appear in the entrance exam like IIT, AIEEE, and various exams conducted by the universities like GGSIPU, JMU,UPTU etc.
well all these competitive exams have taken place this year so you have to try for the next year
all the best
30th May 2011, 01:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say dear you cant join in b-tech without qualify any entrance exam.

You should go for some entrance exam and qualify with good score.

Then you have chance for b-tech admission.
30th May 2011, 01:55 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have scored very good marks in your 12th examination.

And if you are interested to get direct admission in B.tech course, then please dont worry, many colleges will offers direct admission in B.tech course.

So, if you have Pass with 70% aggregate marks in 12th or equivalent in Physics, Mathematics and English, then you will definitely get admission in b.tech course without any entrance examination.

Lovely Professional University will offers direct admission in B.tech course, if any candidates scored minimum 70% marks in 12th examination. The admission are started and the application form are availiable in the official website of LPU. So, if you are interested to get admission in B.tech course without any entrance examination, then LPU is the best option.

And you will also get good amount of scholarship, because you have scored 80% marks in your Intermediate. And for complete information please visit the official website of LPU -

http://www.lpu.in
30th May 2011, 02:35 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 80% marks in 12th standard?

Hi friend,
With 80% you can get surely get b.tech in good college. But many students might have get more marks and so you can't get admission in top level college. But the college you get will surely be good.
30th May 2011, 02:47 PM
stranger351

Yes you can take.
But i think there is no need.
I think you have to go with AIEEE or IIT-JEE exam.
and on the basis of your rank you get good college.
i am sure you will Crack AIEEE.
So why you are looking for direct admission in B-Tech.
30th May 2011, 03:23 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Yeah, of course you can get direct admission in B.tech. Generally entrance exams like PET, AIEEE, IIT etc. Are suitable way to get recognised college. If you have scored nice marks in high school exam then, its not so difficult to prepare for these exams.
Although there are many recognised colleges which offers direct admission for B.tech. You can opt govn. Or private college on the basis of your high school exams.
Ok, best of luck.
30th May 2011, 03:36 PM
nishantaggarwal2011

Dear Sachan
there are many colleges that take in students directly but i think those are just money launderers. however colleges which conduct their own tests or thru some other tests like AIEEE are still better. But also in these look for some reputed names which you can trust.
30th May 2011, 03:48 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you want to take admission in a good institution then it's better to take admission through engineering entrance examination. you have very good marks so if you appear in engineering entrance examination then surely you will do good rank. you may also appear in IIT JEE to take admission in IIT.

there is a procedure of direct admission for students who have very good marks in some institution. but these institution are not so much popular. may be some private institution provide this facility. so i think you should not go for it.

if unfortunately you have not done good rank this year then try to do good rank in next year or take admission in other courses other than engineer. you may take admission in B.Sc with hons in a good subject. general study is very much popular now. job opportunity scope increases in general line. so you may go for it.

best wishes.
30th May 2011, 03:49 PM
arav005

sachan,congratulations for your score in +2 exam.
you have got a very good score.No worry ,you will definetly get a good college.Attend your state counselling.you can go for sastra university at tamil nadu which is purely based on merit.As you have got a good score you may get a seat in btech there.Tell us your state then we will guide you further.
30th May 2011, 03:54 PM
mojoji

Smile Re: Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 80% marks in 12th standard?

great you score well....
many b.tech colleges and universities offers you direct admission with you marks..
it may be difficult for you to get admission in govt. college but you can get admission in various colleges offering you b.tech..
but now be update your mind daily..
try to check daily best colleges admission because now this time various colleges counselling or admission form available on you pc or market..
best of luck
30th May 2011, 04:01 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, many colleges offered the direct admission in b.tech without taking any entrance exam if you secured a good percentage in your 12th class.And as you got 80%, so you must have a good chance to get admission in a good college.You can check a statewise list of B.tech colleges that offer the admissions as under-

http://btechcollege.com/statrwise%20list%20of%20btech%20college%20in%20ind ia.htm

For more details kindly check the prospectus of the college & the no: of seats available in them.
30th May 2011, 05:08 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Hii,

Good score in the 12th exam .. Congtrs .

Now your query you ask about direct admission yes you get direct admission but not in the good college you get admission in private college those provided the authority not all the colleges,

If you want to admission in good colleges so apply for the any entrance exam like IIT,AIEEE, and other one is state PET.

ankur
30th May 2011, 05:30 PM
nktrwt

Quote:
dear friend you score very good very good marks in your 10+2 .congratulation for that. lots of engineering college give admisson on the besis of more then 70% in 10+2. you have score 80% so you can apply such college
30th May 2011, 06:12 PM
nishantaggarwal2011

Hey James,
Just your luck maybe, but came to know about the Shiv Nadar University through today's TOI. It is beginning with it's Engineering College in Greater Noida with a minimum percentage of 70% required to apply.
The University has been functional in Chennai and delivering excellent results so far. With the backing of HCL owner and founder Shiv Nadar, this must be a great university and course.
Plus, also found out that the tuition fee for the first batch has been completely waived off for the 4 years of engineering.
I think you should check it out for sure.
the website is http://www.snu.edu.in
30th May 2011, 08:05 PM
Deb51

You have passed 12th with 80% of marks . It is a good marks to take direct admission to B.tech. There is some institute who offred direct admisson to B.tech only for good students.
They take admission with the 12th marks basics. As you have 80% marks so you will definitely get admission in B-tech .
As you are a good student I think it will be better for you to appeared any engineering entrance exams like JEE.
You can take chance to get admission in any good college after geeting a good rank.
If you complit your B-tech from any popular institute then you will get maximum job opportunity and scope.
30th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

yes u can..!! but u would have atleast filled some forms by this time..!1 there r many colg which take admission through ur aggregate marks like sastra university and if u r from punjab then thapar university., lovely professionl university and many more..!!
30th May 2011, 11:09 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

yes,there are various private colleges in which you can get admission through management quota.
31st May 2011, 10:57 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Most of the top institutes conduct their own test or admit on the basis of AIEEE score or extended merit list of IITjee.

So, if you are planing to do engineering from a good institutes , then you should appear for these exams: aieee, iitjee, bitsat, viteee. Forms are available in January.
6th June 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

can i get direct addmission in b.tech with 68% marks and having kashmiri migrant quota?
9th June 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

i have 95% in my 12 th standard can i get direct admission into b.tech?
11th June 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

i want to take admission in a good b tech colege but there is a great prblm i have scored only 53.8% marks in 12th clas so plz advise me some best colag which take direct admis nd hav fee b/w 50000 -75000 also have loan facility nd better placement
16th June 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

is b.sc(h) from hindu collage under delhi universty is better or b.tec from lovely professional universty or a medium private collage. i am intrested in both . i have got 90% in 12th .and 131774 air in aieee. what are scopes after b.sc(h) and b.tech. in which stream i can earn more..... plz.. reply soon
28th June 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 70% in 12th board . Can i get direct admission in top colleges of orissa or kolkata?
10th July 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi frnd if you want to take direct admission in B.Tech then call me.
Mr.mallick
ph.8884106858
11th July 2011, 11:49 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
if you want to take admission in b.tech directly without giving any entrance exam like aieee or iit jee, then it is possible to take admission but you will not get a god college. this because you can not get admission in nit, iit or any government college directly. other good private colleges conduct their own entrance exam for admission.
but there is one exception. you can take admission in lovely professional, university directly without giving any exam. they are also providing very good job placements.
22nd October 2011, 01:42 PM
Ashishkrgautam

Yes, you can take admission directly for B.Tech. You have good percentage in 12th, so the donation will be low for your admission. Good luck...
24th October 2011, 05:57 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

There is some universities who gives the Oportunaty for the excellent student who have Pass 10+2 standard with 70% aggregate marks then you will definitely get admission in b.tech course without any entrance examination.

such Opportunay gives:

1.>West Bemgal Institute of Technology(WBUT).

2.>Anna University.

3.>Lovely Professional University.

4.>Mangalyatam College of Engineering.

best of luck.
31st October 2011, 12:27 PM
SUBHO010

Smile Re: Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 80% marks in 12th standard?

Sorry but there is no option for direct admission to any B. Tech courses in govt. colleges unless you have given any engineering entrance exam.

The only option now open to you is to apply for some certain private institutes lile:

AMITY
or some other private colleges

Best of luck
26th January 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to know that is lovely professional university is a good university to take addmission in BTech???
1st February 2012, 10:31 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam..
without entrance exam you can not take admissions in top college in India..

Th entrance exam in which you can apply are;-
> A.I.E.E.E
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> D.C.E
> B.I.T.S.A.T
> I.S.A.T
> S.R.M.E.E.E
> K.I.E.E.E
etc

TOP ENGINEERING COLLEGE:-

Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai

Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering

GOOD LUCK!
10th April 2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

sir i get 82% in 12 th from MPBSC can i get anna university college of engineering
6th May 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

sir, how much percentage is required to get a seat in anna university?
25th May 2012, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav scored 82% in my 10 standard and 81% in my 12 standard.. which college will i get ???
28th May 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

in which collage i can get admission. my percentage is 75%?
12th February 2013, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I get direct admission to B.Tech with 90% marks in 12th standard
in Lovely Professional University
5th June 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

can i get directadmission in annauniversity with91% in ipe
11th June 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 95%.can i get admisssion in sastra university?
13th June 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

i have 81% in 12th standard...so is there any scope to get admission delhi university for b.tech....???
16th April 2014, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

which way i can get admission on this time. plz contact with me at 8562900653
1st May 2014, 06:22 AM
Unregistered

I belong to sc... If i get 10 marks in jee And 70% in board then can i get admission in good college????
4th May 2014, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Can I get direct admission to B.Tech in any good college with VIT RANK 103274.

Can I get direct admission to B.Tech in any good college with VIT RANK 103274.
16th May 2014, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

I got 87.2 can i get admission in Shiva Nadar University ( CSE ) or Lovely professional university (LPU)
16th May 2014, 12:30 AM
Pavankmr213

My 12th standard percentage is 87.2 Can i get admission in Shiva nadar university or Lovely professional university CSE OR IT branch
18th May 2014, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

sir i have passed class 12th this yr and i am planing to take admission in Lovely professional university for btech will i get a good package after doing btech and mtech with ecs from lpu
21st May 2014, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i drop one year for preparation for medical.
CAN I APPLY FOR SHIV NADAR UNIVERSITY AFTER ONE YEAR DROP ON MY 12TH %.I GOT 85.6% IN 12TH.
pLZ REPLY AS EARLIEST POSSIBLR,,BECAUSE APPYLING DEADLINE IS 6TH JUNE.
Preeti yadav
30th May 2014, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

could you please suggest me some career options? i am a science student and i have got 77% marks in 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?