31st January 2012, 11:47 AM
09Aditya09

Can I get good Job having below 60% in B.Tech? What should I do to get a good Job?

My b.tech percentage is belo 60%? Can i get the gud job and what should i do now?

31st January 2012, 01:33 PM
prafvik

Default Re: Can I get good Job having below 60% in B.Tech? What should I do to get a good Job?

You should try for various PSUs exam
also you can try GATE exam to get into MTech and get 60 % above in this course
or you can give Engineering Services Exam.

Join any professional course like CCNA, C-DAC, Embedded Systems etc.
and get job done .
GOOD LUCK
31st January 2012, 02:30 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get good Job having below 60% in B.Tech? What should I do to get a good Job?

HI Dear
Yes, why not................

After complete your B.Tech then you are eligible for sit in campus interview.
But if you have below 60% in career then you have some problem but not so hard to get
jobs.

You did not mention your branch here.

but you go for first one small company then you move to further company and get well chance for your future..........

Good Luck............
31st January 2012, 02:46 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Aditya09 View Post
My b.tech percentage is belo 60%? Can i get the gud job and what should i do now?

Dear Friend,

As you have not 60% in B.Tech, thats why you are not Eligible in Many companies such as
1. Tata Consultancy Services

2. Cognigent Technology Solution

3. Infosys Technologies

4. Microsoft Limited

5. IBM

6. WHOAI

7. ATOS

etc etc .....

The above Companies need 60% in 10th 12th and graduation....

But there is no need to worry my friend. There are also many companies, which requires only 55% as there eligibility criteria in 10th 12th and graduation

The name of such Companies are

1. Wipro Technologies

2. Wipro Infotech

3 Wipro VLSI

4. L&T Infotech

5. Mahindra Satyam

6. Tech Mahindra

7. SYNTEL

8. Peakon software

9. Pinackle Software

10. Patni Computers

etc etc....

To get job vacancies in this companies, you can visit this link....

http://jobs.freshersworld.com/jobs

Apart from this I will suggest you to register in some websites such as timesjob.com, Naukri.com, Monsterjob.com etc etc....

Last of all You must register in some job consultancies such as ACK GROUP, KCS GROUP, CHATTERJEE INTERNATIONAL, etc etc.

They will arange direct interviews in those companies for you......

Best of Luck............
31st January 2012, 02:51 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI,
If you want to take govt.. job then you have to qualify the exam entrance exam conducted by U.P.S.C, D.R.D.O, B.S.N.L, I.S.R.O..

The exam conducted by U.P.S.C like I.A.S, I.P.S, I.E.S, Central Police Force..

After qualifying C.D.S exam you can join Indian Defence services like Army,
Navy, Air Force..

GOOD LUCK!
31st January 2012, 03:36 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
After B.TECH you can join for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.E.S
> Defence services
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2012, 05:55 PM
pragati kashyap

dont get dishearted just believe in yourself.ya it will be a little difficult to find job but if you have talent then you can make it.its adviceable to try in MNC if you have good practical skill and if you are presentable and can present yourself in front of others.
31st January 2012, 06:42 PM
abhisek.sonu

You should try for various PSUs exam
also you can try GATE exam to get into MTech and get 60 % above in this course
or you can give Engineering Services Exam.

Join any professional course like CCNA, C-DAC, Embedded Systems etc.
and get job done .
GOOD LUCK
31st January 2012, 08:37 PM
ramalu

Hi friend i am also in your situation b.tech electrical and e electronics engg. <60%. I am now going to do some training in electricity board but i don't clearly know what to do for that ,i suggest you to do some training in your stream before going for a job... ALL the best dude.
31st January 2012, 10:25 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Most of the technical field is demanding the B.Tech student who has the more then 60% marks in there whole semester. Not only having the marks but also have the good knowledge of any particular field. If you have the knowledge then sure you will get the good job in any field.
15th July 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

i m also electrical and electronic engg with btech 59.33% i have got rank in GATE 2012 i want to know after mtech wat wil b prefered wil they ask me for btech or they wil take me as mtech
1st March 2013, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i got below 60%in 12th as well as in b tech,and i hav choosen elec n electronics??can i get agod jod?? or what should i do??
2nd March 2013, 12:57 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Let me first point out that your marks alone in B.Tech are not considered by the companies to offer job. Your marks in 10th and 12th are also considered. You should have 60 percent marks throughout the career which means 60 percent in 10th, 12th as well graduation.

Now you have not mentioned specifically how much marks you have obtained. You also failed to mention the branch in which you completed the Bachelor of Technology course.

If your percentage in 10th and 12th is excellent and you are missing 60 percent by little margin then there are companies such as Infosys that would happily offer you the job.

Otherwise the chances of getting job in a major company is very little. However there are SME that would happily offer you a job which might not pay as well as big companies but still the salary would be good. With less than 60 percent marks, you will not even get job in Public Sector Undertaking.

However one good option presented to you is Indian Engineering Service (IES). It is a very prestigious entrance exam for the Engineering graduates. You can certainly appear for it depending on your branch but please beware that there are 300+ jobs and thousands of takers. It would mean a very stiff competition.

The jobs are given in various government departments. These jobs come under four streams of Engineering

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India to apply for IES.

2. B.Tech degree will be required to appear for it.

3. There is no percentage criteria, therefore you can appear for it.

4. The age limit is 21 on the lower side and 30 on the higher side.

5. Relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
22nd April 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am Doing B.tech in ece now in 5th sem my till overall percentage is around 50 % and till end hoping for best and trying my hardest my query is that if i am not able to reach 60% in my graduation can i get a good job after it ?? and does college placement really matter because i have'nt gave them importance till and is it hard too get jobs without college placement after graduation ??
my 10th marks are 73% and got 72 % in 12th in c.b.s.e
6th June 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I am btecg 3rd ece with 65% ..my 10th 92% and 12th 85%....am i eligible for campus interviews and what i have to improve to get a good job
19th July 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

hi. i am a final year mechanical engineering student of bit mesra(main campus). is it possible to get a good job if i had 15 backs and 57% in engg? i have 70 % in 10th and 12th. it is not possible for me to get job from campus due to various eligibility criteria.
15th August 2013, 09:08 PM
Aj Arya
Junior Member+

Getting below 60% marks in b-tech is not only reason to reject you for the job.
You should improve your english language and communication skills that will help you to get the jobs.
You can also prefer m-tech by preparing and writing GATE exam.
Also prepare for the groups which will help you more in getting the jobs.
2nd October 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

all the psu wants 65% . no jobs
26th January 2014, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

please say me sir that am i eligible for campus interviews as i have 60% as aggregate in btech
24th February 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have done B.tech(passout 2013 batch) with 65.8% marks in IT branch.but I secured 49 % and 59% marks in 12th and 10th respectively.i am looking for a job in IT companies but still i am jobless.Currently i am studying and learning java language.i have nearly completed my core java but i am not getting any chance for an interview because of percentage criteria.I am in great tension now a days i can not do any other cource further due to financial issues.Kindly give me suggesion what and how can i do.can i get a job on java in any IT company.is there any way to get a job in IT company with these percentage criteria.Please give me suggesion as soon as possible.Can this criteria be ignored after qualifying elitmas or emcat.Thank you sir
18th August 2014, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i am havng 61 prcnt till 3rd year now and i am hvng 55 prcnt in inter and 57 prcnt in tenth i am quiet tensed please help me out can i get a good job in mnc company's??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?