3rd October 2012, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in any bank like Axis, ICICI, Union if I am a engineer in electronics and communication

i am engineer in electronics and communication.. can i get a job in any bank like axis, icici, union etc.. to get job in a bank what courses i will have to do?? what examinations i have to give to get job??? plz suggest me.. m in confusion.... and i want to do job in bank.....

3rd October 2012, 08:26 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job in any bank like Axis, ICICI, Union if I am a engineer in electronics and communication

If you wanted to do job in Banks then what was the point to doing Engineering? You should have taken this call earlier. Your Engineering degree would you useless if you decide to work in a Bank.

I would suggest that you take job related to your degree. Don't waste the electronics and communication engineering degree which according to me is the best course in B.Tech. The job opportunities after this course are far more diverse than any other Engineering course.

You can start off by considering working in Public Sector Undertaking. Each PSU conducts exam to recruit engineers. Almost all the companies recruit Electronics and Commucation Engineers. If you have scored 60 percent in B.Tech then you should seriously consider this option.

List of PSU

GAIL

NALCO

ONGC

IOCL

BHEL

BEL

ISRO

DRDO

BPCL

HAL

Some other options for you are Telecom and Information Technology sector. There are plenty of jobs for ECE in both these sectors.

However if you have made mind to work in Bank then I would suggest that you complete MBA course. I would recommend MBA is either Finance or Banking. After the Master of Business Adminstration course, you will be able to find a good job in the banks that pays well.

To pursue MBA you first have to appear for entrance exams like Common Admission Test or Management Aptitude Test. If you want admission in top B-Schools like the IIMs then appear for the CAT exam. The requirement is 50 percent marks in graduation. In case of SC/sT, 45 percent marks are required.

If you fail to meet the criteria for CAT then appear for the Management Aptitude Test which does not have percentage requirement. The criteria for MAT is graduation degree.
3rd October 2012, 08:58 AM
sudha001

Thumbs up Re: Can I get a job in any bank like Axis, ICICI, Union if I am a engineer in electronics and communication

Hello Friend,

Yes, you can sit for bank exam . Only if you have satisfied the following criteria that is needed. Please have look ...

The candidates interested in joining Reserve Bank of India as RBI officers “Grade A/B” are required to take an exam conducted by RBI service board. A person should of minimum 30 year’s age and can be a CA/MBA/Postgraduate.
Foreign banks or private banks select candidates on the basis of their merit for the position of the officer from the parent organization.

Nationalized banks and state banks hold an entrance test to select the appropriate candidates.

The person is required to be in the age bracket of 18-26 and it is mandatory that the candidate has a graduation degree. Nationalized Commercial banks select candidates for the post of Probationary Officers (PO). A candidate holding a graduation degree can apply up to 28 years for clerical and 30 years for PO post respectively.

Admission Process & Banking Exam Patterns

Reserve Bank of India- The examination is conducted at an all India level for the class 1 posts. RBI exam includes English fluency and mental ability tests.
Private/ Foreign banks- The recruitment process is conducted at renowned institutes like University of Mumbai, University of Delhi, Xavier Labor Relations Institute and IIMs.

State bank and other nationalized banks- The candidates have to successfully go through a written test followed by a personal interview to be recruited for the designation of probationer officer. Central Recruitment Board (SBI) conducts the selection process.

Nationalized Commercial Banks- IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) takes the responsibility of advertising about these vacancies.
The entrance exams in the banking sector generally contain a written test followed by personal interview/group discussion.

List of bank exams in 2012

Bank Clerical Exam
Bank PO Exam - Bank Probationary Officers Exam
Bank CET - Common all India Entrance Test for Bank jobs (PO and Clerical)
G.I.C. Exam - G.I.C. Officer's Examination
SBI - PO Exam - State Bank Probationary Officers Exam
RBI Grade 'A'/'B' Officer's Examination

For you i am listing some books that will help you to crack your exam , only if you study seriously .

Hope this will helps you ...

All The Best....
29th May 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a job in any bank like Axis, ICICI, Union if I am a engineer in electronics and communication

I am graduate in Electronics and communication engineering. I was been campus recruitee for one of the leading Private banks. After 6 years i am repent for my wrong decision and wish to shift back to technical field. I know it is very diffcult now,Can anybody suggest me carrer growth path??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?