25th April 2018, 07:17 AM
Ark04

Can I get PhD admission without UGC-NET being an MSc student?

Hi friends, I don't want to appear in UGC-NET. But I want to study PhD course. I am right now studying MSc in Biochemistry. So, after completing my this course I can eligible for PhD admission without appearing UGC-NET?

Related Questions:
  1. CSIR or UGC NET, which exam to appear for PhD admission for MSc(Biotechnology) student?
  2. Eligibility to appear in UGC-NET for MSc(IT) student of SMU?
  3. CSIR or UGC NET, in which exam to appear for admission in PhD being MSc(Computer Applications) student?
  4. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  5. Possibilities of doing Ph.D. in Architecture after ME in same?
  6. Can I get admission to study PhD after qualifying UGC-NET?
  7. For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET being an MSc(Criminology) student? -- [New]
  8. What are the steps I need to follow to do Ph.D in mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Mathematics?
  9. Can I do PhD now if did M.Sc 7 years back? Process to do PhD without cracking UGC or CSIT NET?
  10. IGNOU (IPHDAP) is eligible for NET or not?
  11. Can I study PhD without UGC-NET and M.Phil being an M.Sc(Physics) student?
  12. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  13. Ph.D after completing M.Sc Zoology with 82%? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can i do Ph.D.in Organic Chemistry after completing M.Sc. in same with 65%?
  15. Can I apply in UGC-NET to get stipend if studying PhD from Distance University?
  16. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  17. Can I get stipend to study PhD through UGC-NET?
  18. CSIR or UGC NET, in which exam to appear for admission in PhD being M.Tech(Biotechnology) student?
13th May 2018, 04:17 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Can I get PhD admission without UGC-NET being an MSc student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark04 View Post
Hi friends, I don't want to appear in UGC-NET. But I want to study PhD course. I am right now studying MSc in Biochemistry. So, after completing my this course I can eligible for PhD admission without appearing UGC-NET?
Yes, you can study P.HD without appearing in UGC- NET. You can get admission in P.HD course by clearing GATE examination or by giving the university entrance test for P.HD degree( some university conduct their own test).

Once you qualify the GATE exam, you become eligible for the P.HD program from IIT, NIIT and from some other universities which intake candidate through the valid GATE score. You need to see whether the university you are willing to take admission to, conducts their own test or take candidate from Valid GATE score and then act accordingly.

>> GATE exam is conducted once in a year in online mode.
>> The application for the exam is being done via online mode and payment of the application fee is also done online.
>> After successful completion of online form you will be issued an application number by which you will be able to download the admit card when available.
>> Exam will be a 3 hour test, in which there will be 65 questions.

University which conduct its separate entrance test, also takes interview after written exam like, university taking admission on the basis of GATE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?