2nd May 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I give Entrance Exam for MBA course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BMS?

can i give mba entrance exam during pursuing 2nd yr of bms

30th May 2012, 10:42 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give Entrance Exam for MBA course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i give mba entrance exam during pursuing 2nd yr of bms
Bachelor of Management Studies is a full-time course of three year duration and after completing this course, if you want to take admission in MBA, Then you have to cracked the entrance examination as well as scored good marks in your BMS Course.

If you are Pursuing your 2nd year BMS Course, then you are not eligible for MBA Entrance examination. I suggest you please complete your Graduate degree course first and then apply for MBA Entrance examination.

You can appeared for the entrance examination while you are pursuing your final year BMS Course i.e 3rd year.

There are lots of examination to get admission in MBA in top business schools and CAT is one of the famous examination conducted by IIM's.

CAT stands for common admission test and this examination is conducted by IIM's every year in the month of November/December. The application form will be available in the month of August. You can fill the application form online as well as offline. But the exam is only online i.e computer based test.

If you have scored good marks in CAT Examination then you will get seat in top business schools, but you have to cracked the Group discussion and Personal interview also.

After complete evaluation, colleges declares a merit list and if your name mentioned in the list then you will get admission in MBA in top business schools.

You can appear for another examination i.e MAT (Management aptitude test), conducted by AIMS, 4 times in a year and to apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduation or have to pursuing final year degree course. So please apply for MAT/CAT Examination when you are pursuing your final year BMS Course.

And please more concentrate on Group discussion and Personal Interview.
30th May 2012, 11:08 PM
VIVEK2525

Default Re: Can I give Entrance Exam for MBA course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BMS?

hi friends,
Bachelor of Management Studies is a full-time course of three year duration and after completing this course, if you want to take admission in MBA, Then you have to cracked the entrance examination as well as scored good marks in your BMS Course.

If you are Pursuing your 2nd year BMS Course, then you are not eligible for MBA Entrance examination. I suggest you please complete your Graduate degree course first and then apply for MBA Entrance examination.

You can appeared for the entrance examination while you are pursuing your final year BMS Course i.e 3rd year.

There are lots of examination to get admission in MBA in top business schools and CAT is one of the famous examination conducted by IIM's.

CAT stands for common admission test and this examination is conducted by IIM's every year in the month of November/December. The application form will be available in the month of August. You can fill the application form online as well as offline. But the exam is only online i.e computer based test.

If you have scored good marks in CAT Examination then you will get seat in top business schools, but you have to cracked the Group discussion and Personal interview also.

After complete evaluation, colleges declares a merit list and if your name mentioned in the list then you will get admission in MBA in top business schools.

You can appear for another examination i.e MAT (Management aptitude test), conducted by AIMS, 4 times in a year and to apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduation or have to pursuing final year degree course. So please apply for MAT/CAT Examination when you are pursuing your final year BMS Course.

thanks
30th May 2012, 11:10 PM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

thanks
30th May 2012, 11:21 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: Can I give Entrance Exam for MBA course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BMS?

HEllo Friend................

Thank YOu!.....
31st May 2012, 12:22 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

BMS(Bachelor of Management Studies) is a three years graduation course, currently you are persuing 2nd year BMS So you are not eligible for MBA(Master of Business Admission).

Because the minimum educational qualification for MBA is graduation from any recognised university.

Or

If you are persuing final year BMS is also eligible.

There is no age limit to appear MBA.

So, first complete your BMS graduation and then apply for MBA entrance exam.

If have 60% of secure marks in your graduation then it is good to get admission in a reputed colleges.

To get admission in MBA you have to appear entrance exams like

CAT,

MAT,

GMAT,

XAT etc.

And also state level entrance exams.

CAT(Common Admission Test) this is the national level entrance exam to get admission in top IIM's.

Some of the top IIM colleges in india:

IIM(Indian Institute of Management), Ahmedabad,

IIM(Indian Institute of Management), Nagpur,

IIM(Indian Institute of Management), Banglore,

IIM(Indian Institute of Management), Mumbai,

IIM(Indian Institute of Management), Kolkata.

Best of luck...
31st May 2012, 12:29 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

MBA is the Master's program in Business Administration.

It is one of the most advanced and corporate related post graduation courses which is in very high demand over the past decade.

It is also expected that in the near future also MBA professionals would be required in large scales.

So if you are thinking of going for MBA course as your post graduation, it is very nice.

-> I must tell you something about the MBA course. It is a professional course which is of duration 2 years. Its a master's or post graduation program which are mostly taken up by candidates who are looking to enter the corporate sector for their jobs.

Now in India, we have a lot of competition for this. Thus there are various entrance examinations for which you have to sit and crack them so that you may get a seat in any good B-School.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria's to sit for any MBA entrance exam are :

• You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university. Some good MBA colleges ask for a minimum 50% aggregate in graduation also.
  • If you are in the final year of your graduation/post graduation then you can apply for any MBA entrance, but pre final year students CANNOT apply.

Now as you ask, that you are presently pursuing the 2nd year of your graduation where you have failed to mention in which stream.

Some graduation courses are of 3 years while others are of 4-5 years. Anyways.. you cannot apply for any MBA entrance exam as of now.

You have to be in your final year to apply for the same.

Some of the most followed MBA entrance exams are :
CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, MBS, JIMS, TANCET, SNAP, etc...

You can apply for any in your final year and after that.

No age or attempt limits are imposed in any exam except for CAT, in which you can take limited number of attempts.

Hope this helps

All the best

30th September 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I am doing mba can i give the mba entrance exam
16th April 2015, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello... I m in third year of bms and i want to give CAT exam for mba. When does CAT exams are 2015 And when is fifth sem exam of tybms 2015 Is . Do the exams clashes the dates ?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?