14th August 2011, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?

I am in B.Tech 3rd year with electronics branch can i give exam of IES service?
Pls reply to [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  2. Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  3. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  4. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  5. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  7. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  8. Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  9. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  11. Exams after B.E. in mechanical engineering? Can I appear for IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  13. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for any entrance exam while pursuing B.Tech Electronics 3rd year?
  15. Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering? -- [New]
  16. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  17. How to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any Coaching centers for this Exam in Chandigarh?
  18. Can I give IES Exam having secured 56% in BE Electronics being a candidate of OBC?
14th August 2011, 08:48 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?

In order to be eligible for IES Exam,at least should be a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in 4th year or final year. So, you can apply for IES Exam next year.

Here i am providing the eligibility criteria for IES Exam.

Academic qualification:
The candiate should have completed Engineering with any of the following specializations
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Communications Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering

Candidates of final year engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age criteria:
One should be in the age group of 21-30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination.
14th August 2011, 10:44 AM
rohiniece

Default Re: Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?

thanks for quote.
sir can final year students r eligible for appearing IES.
i am an final year student
14th August 2011, 10:55 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...no you can not give the indian engineering services examination now because you should be either in the fianl year of your graduation or should have completed graduation to give the indian engineering services examination and also you should be minimum of 30 21 years of age to give this exam,
but what you can do is start preparing for the exam right from now on ,start making your basics really strong that is surely of the prime importance for you to so well in this exam ,also try to take some kind of coaching if possible for you because the coaching centres will really guide you in the right direction ,
follow the materials of ace academy,made easy academy ,and the brilliant tutorials correspondence course because these books really have an very good problems for solving for the examination and that will really help you ,i am also attaching some material that will help you in the preperation
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wireless Communications and Networks.zip(9.68 MB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 89 views)
14th August 2011, 11:27 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligible for IES exam. but not now. final year student of 4 discipline engineering are allow. but 3rd year student of 4 discipline engineering are not allowed for IES exam.

you can give IES exam completed your B.Tech in ECE.

as the criteria which is required for the four discipline branch of engineering is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering from recognized university or college.

2.minimum 55% marks in engineering.

3.age limit 21-28 years.

all the best........
14th August 2011, 11:31 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your degree engineering then you go for
IES exam.
Criteria for that:-
*Candidate pass degree engineering in the following subject-
Electrical engineering
Electronics engineering
Civil engineering
Mechanical engineering

this branch student are eligible for apply IES exam.
specially this exam held on mid week of JULY.
14th August 2011, 12:08 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there are some criteria for I.E.S exam
*The candidates should be graduate from engineering stream , or final year student appeared final exam, they can appear this exam.
*the stream candidates those who can appear for this exam-
Mechanical
Electrical
Electronic & communication
* the age limit is 22 - 30 yrs relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates students.

good luck.....
14th August 2011, 01:44 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no not now just one more year in the fourth year you can apply for the IES exam because the eligibility is gratuates students or students pursuing the final year................
14th August 2011, 02:57 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No,you are not eligible.Because you have a not completed graduation degree.

If you want to appear for Engineering Service Examination then you should have a engineering degree.So first complete your graduate degree then apply for this examination.

IES Eligibility Criteria :-

Education Qualification :-

The candidate should have a graduate degree in engineering from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.There is a no minimum marks required for this examination.The candidates studying in the final semester examination can also apply for this examination.

Engineering degree in Civil,Mechanical,Electrical,Electronics and Communication Engineering.and candidates who are have M.Sc degree in Wireless communication,electronics,radio physics & radio engineering.

Age limits :-

The applicants must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years of age as on August 1st of the year of examination.Upper age limit is given to the various reserved catgeories.

Selection Procedure :- Written Examination and Personal Interview.
16th August 2011, 12:16 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?

Quote:
Yeah you can apply for the IES(Indian Engineering Service) exam after pursuing your degree in Electronics branch in engineering.

Eligibility:

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate must be having a age limit of 21-30 years for general category.

For SC/ST it is 35 years and for OBC it is 33 years.

Education Qualification:

Candidate must have a degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.

The candidates who from engineering must be from branches Civil,Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.

Attempts:

For SC/ST there is no limit.

For OBC it is 7

For General it is 4.

All the best.
10th September 2011, 12:02 PM
malek basit

Wink Re: Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?

hello sir...

IES Stands for Engineering Services examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year, For this year IES Examination was already completed. For this examination Only Engineering Graduates are eligible, The Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Posts under the following categories -

>> Civil Engineering.
>> Mecahnical Engineering.
>> Electrical Engineering.
>> Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

>> So, If you are in your Final year BE Course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination. So If you have Pursuing your BE Degree course in any one of the discipline then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

>> To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website, Eligible candidates may fill the application form of IES Online. The online application fees was Rs 50 and If you have apply offline then you have to pay the Rs 100. The offline application form can be obtained directly form the Post offices in India, So, If you are Interested in IES Examination, then please apply for this examination next year, the dates and schedule for Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.
15th September 2011, 07:59 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

sorry to say but you will not eligible for the IES ( indian engineering services ) while pursuing the 3rd year of the graduation.

here i am mentioning the eligibility criteria to appear in the IES exam

1) those candidate who have completed their graduation from the recognized Indian university or candidates who are in the final year of the graduation of the following courses
a) electrical engineering
b) mechanical engineering
c) civil engineering
d) electronics and communication engineering

are allowed to attempt the IES exam conducted by the UPSC ( UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION ).

2) age of the candidate must be between the 21 to 30 years.
there is relaxation of the 3 and 5 years for the candidates of the obc and sc/st respectively.

3) general and obc category candidates are allowed 4 and 7 attempts for this exam respectively.
while sc/st category candidates can attempt this exam for number of times they wanted as there is no restriction on the number of attempts for the sc/st category candidates.

to know more information and the latest notifications provided by the UPSC about the IES exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks and best luck
16th September 2011, 01:03 PM
abhi1919

yes , you can give IES but from next year. you have 4 attempts for it.
if you get selected you will get job in
(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.(IRSSE)
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iii) Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts).
(v) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence.
(vi) Engineer (GCS-Gr-'A') in Wireless Planning and Co-ordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation. (M/o Communications & I.T., D/o Telecommunications).
(vii) Assistant Naval Stores Officer Grade- I (Electronics & Telecom Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
(viii) Indian Supply Service, Group 'A' (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts).
(ix) Indian Telecommunication Service. Gr. 'A'.
[edit]
EXAM IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC .
IT held in following ways---
One paper for GS (General Studies) is part of the assessment system apart from the engineering subject of the candidate. The entire technical subject is divided into two papers (PAPER 1 and PAPER 2. There is a three day schedule of the written examination, comprising in all five written examination.
The first day is allocated for the General Studies (GS) paper. This exam is of 2 hrs duration. On the first day there is just one exam. This exam consists of General studies and General English.
The second day is allocated for the Objective Papers. There are two objective exams for each paper separately and each being of 2 hrs in duration.
The third day is allocated for the Conventional (Subjective) Papers. There are two subjective exams for each paper separately and each being of 3 hrs in duration.Each Paper is maximum of 200 marks

The candidates who qualify the written exam are called for Interview.
16th September 2011, 01:08 PM
abhi1919

yes , you can give IES but from next year. you have 4 attempts for it.
EXAM IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC .
IT held in following ways---
One paper for GS (General Studies) is part of the assessment system apart from the engineering subject of the candidate. The entire technical subject is divided into two papers (PAPER 1 and PAPER 2. There is a three day schedule of the written examination, comprising in all five written examination.
The first day is allocated for the General Studies (GS) paper. This exam is of 2 hrs duration. On the first day there is just one exam. This exam consists of General studies and General English.
The second day is allocated for the Objective Papers. There are two objective exams for each paper separately and each being of 2 hrs in duration.
The third day is allocated for the Conventional (Subjective) Papers. There are two subjective exams for each paper separately and each being of 3 hrs in duration.Each Paper is maximum of 200 marks

The candidates who qualify the written exam are called for Interview.

if you get selected you will get job in

(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.(IRSSE)
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iii) Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts).
(v) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence.
(vi) Engineer (GCS-Gr-'A') in Wireless Planning and Co-ordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation. (M/o Communications & I.T., D/o Telecommunications).
(vii) Assistant Naval Stores Officer Grade- I (Electronics & Telecom Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
(viii) Indian Supply Service, Group 'A' (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts).
(ix) Indian Telecommunication Service. Gr. 'A'.
8th April 2012, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

can i go for upsc after doing IES???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?