26th August 2011, 12:34 PM
shahnawaz alam

Can I give IES Exam having secured 56% in BE Electronics being a candidate of OBC?

Sir, i have completed be electronics with 56% then can i give exam of ies. I am student of obc, plz sir give me reply on my email.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I give JTO Exam having secured 56% in BE and being a candidate of OBC Category?
  3. Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria asked for IES exam and in government sector jobs?
  6. Is it possible to get a job in BSNL at the age of 31 years? -- [New]
  7. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?
  8. Am I eligible for PSUs and IES Exam being a candidate having secured 2nd divison in B.Tech course with Mechanical stream?
  9. Can I become successful in IAS or IES Exam being a candidate having secured 45% in 12th Board Exam?
  10. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?
  11. Can I appear in IES 2016 exam in 3rd year of engineering?
  12. How should I crack IES? I am a student of B.Tech first year electronics and communication student
  13. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of 4th year of Architectural Engineering?
  14. Will this be a right option for me of preparing for IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering in Electronics Instrumentation and Control?
  15. Can I be eligible for government job after having backlogs in B.Tech
  16. What are the job opportunities available after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering with Biomedical stream with 2 backlogs?
  18. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th with 56% marks?
26th August 2011, 06:49 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I give IES Exam having secured 56% in BE Electronics being a candidate of OBC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahnawaz alam View Post
Sir, i have completed be electronics with 56% then can i give exam of ies. I am student of obc, plz sir give me reply on my email.
Information Regarding IES Examination.

IES examination is conducted by UPSC in every year. If you are interested in the IES examination then to appear in the IES examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Bachelor degree in the field of engineering in any one of the following branch.

->Electrical engineering.
->Electronics & Communication Engineering.
->Civil Engineering.
->Mechanical Engineering.

The final year candidates of the above branch are also eligible to appear in the IES examination. The Computer science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination.

NOTE :- There are no limit of percentage required for the IES examination. Only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the IES examination.

So, if you have 56% marks in the B.Tech course then you are eligible for the IES examination. For any more information regarding IES examination please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
26th August 2011, 07:08 PM
dhruv007

Default Re: Can I give IES Exam having secured 56% in BE Electronics being a candidate of OBC?

theb esxamiantion IES is conducted by UPSC every year, for aplly in this exam you just have to pass your b.tech..the coures provided by this exam are civil, electronics, mechanical and electrical & communication.

So, if you have 56% marks in the B.Tech course then you are eligible for the IES examination. For any more information regarding IES examination please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
26th August 2011, 08:16 PM
Sehwag6

hello friend,

you are eligible for ies exams

eligibility:-

**educational qualification is graduation in engineering

the following branches only eligible

**ece

**eee

**mechanical

**civil

age limit is 21 to 30years

for BC candidates 33years and 7attempts are allowed

generally 4attempts are allowed

then apply union public service commission

all the best
26th August 2011, 09:24 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Pass percentage is sufficient to appear for Indian Engineering Service exam.To appear for IES exam,you should have age between 21 to 30 years.

For more details,then see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 51 views)
27th August 2011, 02:25 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
You are eligible for this exam , the criterion are as follows:
1.B.Tech pass out
2.21-30
candidate should be from Civil,Mechanical,Electrical or from Electronics departments .
Remember there is no percentage cutoff to appear in this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?