8th October 2011, 02:42 AM
mittalnitin17

How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

m in btech 3rd year rigt nw,,,how can i prepre for placement???????
give me guidance on this

Related Questions:
  1. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  2. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  3. How to prepare for BTech Final year placements? Suggest some good companies for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  5. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  6. Which course should I do after completing my B.Tech? How to prepare for placements?
  7. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  8. Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  9. Ideas for forthcoming Placements for me pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering? List of good Companies for me?
  10. How should I prepare for UPSC Preliminary Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BA course?
  11. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BDS?
  12. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  13. How to get job in Air Force being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE?
  14. Am I eligible for campus placements with 4 backlogs? -- [New]
  15. How to prepare for placements while in 3rd semester CS&E?
  16. Which kind of Jobs will I get being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  17. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?
  18. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
8th October 2011, 07:50 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Yes. It is the good time for you to start preparation towards campus placements as you are a pursuing candidates of 3rd year in B.Tech.

Many of the companies recruit the candidates who are of career 60 candidates in the sense the candidates who have secured a minimum of 60% of marks through out their in all academic levels.

Without having this criteria, it is a tough task to be placed in most of the companies. So, try to see that you are securing more than 60% in all the years of B.Tech course.

You did not mention the stream in which you are pursuing your B.Tech course. However I suggest you to make a list of the core companies in accordance with your stream in B.Tech, in which you want to get job opportunities.

Later, know the selection procedure for each of these companies. Get some previous year placement papers of these companies and practice them which helps you to know the kind of questions that are being asked.

For many of the companies, while recruiting B.Tech candidates, they follow the selection procedure of
-Written test
-Technical Interview
-HR Interview.

They may also conduct Group Discussion and JAM as a part of screening the candidates. Wish you all the best.
8th October 2011, 10:28 AM
jevirsinh

Default Re: How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Hello friend..

This is right time to prepare for Placement
Every day 1-2 hours you practice for following topic and clear your study concept.
REASONING
LOGICAL
APTITUDE
NUMERICAL
ENGLISH

Here good book for prepare for Placement.

1.Quantitative Aptitude - R.S.Agarwal
2.Current affairs/GK - Pratiyogita darpan magazine, newspaper
3.Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning - R.S. Agarwal
4.Logical and Reasoning by - Arun Sharma
5.General knowledge - Khanna and Verma

Selection Process:
Written Test (Aptitude and English)
HR / Behavioral Interview

All The Best.
8th October 2011, 11:14 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittalnitin17 View Post
m in btech 3rd year rigt nw,,,how can i prepre for placement???????
give me guidance on this
Dear friend what is needed for placement preparation in 3rd year ...........

This is totally depend on you how can you manage...........

This time is not good for you for placement tension ,,,,,,

you should read very seriously only your college syllabus that is too much important for you this time .........

That's why don't take tension for your placement ,,,,,,,,,

this is time for only knowledge.............
8th October 2011, 12:43 PM
kapilvkondawar

As you are in 3rd year B.tech you have to start preparing for aptitude test.Now a days maximum 75% companies taking aptitude test.Aptitude consist of Logical Reasoning and Mathematics and English or it may be technical aptitude.
you can prepare Logical Reasoning and Mathematics from R.S.Agrawal (Quantitative and Logical Reasoning) book and English from wren and martin (English grammar book).
In aptitude test there is less time to solve question of mathematics.so if you want to pass aptitude test then you have to practice more so you can solve problem in given time.
8th October 2011, 02:44 PM
tejesh_09

Yes it is the appropriate time to prepare your self for campus placement during pursing your 3rd year B. Tech. Generally many companies recruit candidates who have achieved at least 70% marks through out their B.Tech carrier. So try to achieve more than 70% marks in all academic level.

You should know the procedure of selection patern for various companies for which you are interested to join.

The selection may be through written test, technical interview, conduction of group discussion.
8th October 2011, 04:54 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

As a 3rd year student you should start practicing aptitude questions for placements.

you should also solve last years placement papers of your dream company.

you shouls concentrate on your communication skills.

all the best!!!!!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(806.6 KB, 1141 views)
23rd October 2011, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

I'm a 3rd year ece student , i've 95%marks in 10th,79.2% in 12th and 73% in b.tech level.....what is the opportunity for me to get a job?
9th November 2011, 03:35 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

This is right time to prepare for Placement
Every day 1-2 hours you practice for following topic and clear your study concept.
REASONING
LOGICAL
APTITUDE
NUMERICAL
ENGLISH

Here good book for prepare for Placement.

1.Quantitative Aptitude - R.S.Agarwal
2.Current affairs/GK - Pratiyogita darpan magazine, newspaper
3.Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning - R.S. Agarwal
4.Logical and Reasoning by - Arun Sharma
5.General knowledge - Khanna and Verma

Selection Process:
Written Test (Aptitude and English)
HR / Behavioral Interview
10th November 2011, 10:43 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are in 3rd year of B.tech course, then it is the high time for you to prepare yourself for the placement..

To prepare for the software sector you have to take preparation for aptitude test...

preparing for aptitude test you have to do lots of practice.. you can get the sample papers from their official website..
Beside this you can solve aptitude books like- GRE BARRON, R.S Agarwall..
After qualifying in aptitude test you have to go through the interview session..

the interview session has two phases..

1.Technical
For technical interview you have to clear your basic concept..They generally ask questions from basic things... So, try to make your base strong.

2.HR
For HR interview you have to increase your soft skills..
Like-
Presents of mind
Personality
politeness
Speaking english

These are the important factors you have to build in you..

So, go for it...
All the best.
12th January 2012, 11:17 PM
edward1989

As you are in 3rd year B.tech you have to start preparing for aptitude test.Now a days maximum 75% companies taking aptitude test.Aptitude consist of Logical Reasoning and Mathematics and English or it may be technical aptitude.
you can prepare Logical Reasoning and Mathematics from R.S.Agrawal (Quantitative and Logical Reasoning) book and English from wren and martin (English grammar book).
In aptitude test there is less time to solve question of mathematics.so if you want to pass aptitude test then you have to practice more so you can solve problem in given time.
6th February 2012, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

m in 3rd year ece branch n m doing b.tech from a rural area where the surrounding is so rural... so how can i improve my communication skill,personality..etc..etc... m so frustated.. m not getting any source of improving all these things..
pls advise me
thank you
10th May 2012, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

i have of gap of 5years after my inter and now iam studying btech.will that may not problem for appearing placements
14th June 2012, 07:20 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

1. 6 month training should be in company.
2. there should be one real time project.
3. try to get Stephen based companies.
4. work hard for 5-6 hours.
5. following are the companies that are useful to you for 6 month training:-
(a)sebiz square,sec-67,mohali, Chandigarh
(b)tcil,sec-22d, Chandigarh.
(c)cs soft solution,sec 22-c Chandigarh.
(d)doit,sec-34a, Chandigarh.
(e)eme,sec-34a, Chandigarh.
(f)piford,sec-67, Chandigarh.
(g)csio,sec-30, Chandigarh.
(h)drdo, Chandigarh.
(i)elevate technologies, Chandigarh.
28th September 2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

reference books to clear placements by 101% without any doubt.
15th October 2013, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

how can I prepare for placement beings a candidate of pursuing 3rd year mech?
26th January 2014, 12:29 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As you are pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course, it is the right time for you to start preparation towards placements as you are eligible to attend for the placements from the upcoming year.

Campus placements are golden opportunities for the candidates as the competition is confined to only that college in the case of campus placements and so one can easily get the job if they put best efforts towards the selection procedure.

But when you go out of the college, there is no limit for the competition. Thousands of candidates will participate in the selection procedure.

So don't miss the job opportunities through campus placements.

The selection procedure would include
Written Exam
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

As a part of preparation, here are some guidelines,

-Collect the Placement papers of top IT companies and prepare for the same.
-Put special efforts towards the subjects Reasoning, Aptitude and General English.
-Try to be strong enough in communication skills.
-Get good knowledge on all the fundamentals of your B.Tech course.
-Practice mock Interviews and Group Discussions.
-Know the areas where you are lacking behind and find the solutions to overcome those problems.

Wish you all the best.
26th October 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

I want to join central institute of tool design Hydrabad for product design..so plz you gave your feedback about this college ....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?