16th March 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?

i want to give IES exams this year. i want to know that can i give the examination as a electronics and communication student under the banner of electronics and telecommunication branch.hopping reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I crack IES? I am a student of B.Tech first year electronics and communication student
  2. Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication? -- [New]
  3. Syllabus for electronics and communication branch for Power Grid Corporation test?
  4. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  5. Tips to crack IES exam in 2 months? I am B.Tech final year student
  6. Syllabus for IES for electronics and communication branch?
  7. Preparation of upsc for IES
  8. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  9. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  10. Which branch is better for M.Tech for electronics & communication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to prepare for BSNL competitive exam? I am a 2nd year electronics and communication branch student
  12. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  13. How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am first year BE student having ECE stream
  14. Can I give IES Exam having secured 56% in BE Electronics being a candidate of OBC?
  15. Previous 5 year Question Papers of IES Exam for Electronics & Telecommunication stream?
  16. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?
  17. Syllabus of IES entrance test?
  18. Should I prepare for IAS or IES exam after passing electronics and communication engineering?
19th April 2012, 09:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to give IES exams this year. i want to know that can i give the examination as a electronics and communication student under the banner of electronics and telecommunication branch.hopping reply as soon as possible.
As per the UPSC any Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for IES Examination. But if you have completed your Engineering degree course in any one the Disciplines then you are definitely eligible for IES Examination, Those who apply for IES have to choose any one of the discipline for Examination.

~~ Electrical Engineering
~~ Electronics & Communications Engineering
~~ Civil Engineering
~~ Mechanical Engineering

Those You have completed his M.Sc. degree course or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also eligible for certain posts. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for IES Examination.

To apply for this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and not have to attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

But the last date of apply for this examination was already over.

The last date of apply for IES Examination was 09/April/2012

The examination is going to be held soon on 15/June/2012.

If have not applied for this examination then please wait for next Recruitment, the Notification of IES Examination will be Published in the month of February in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.

So, please apply for this examination next year and if you have already applied then prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and for more information check official website :

http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th April 2012, 12:14 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?

HI FRIEND
YOU are aligible for the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch

UPSC Indian Engineering Service Examination – IES 2012 Exam Date : 15th June, 2012
>> If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

ALL THE BEST
20th April 2012, 01:49 AM
Rajgour

Default Re: Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?

dear,
any engineering student applicable for IES exam except CS & IT branch.
as per rule of UPSC exam you are eligible for IES exam.
but you should complete your BE/B.Tech with ruled branches. and your age between 21-30 years.
eligibility-
1.Mechanical engineeri
2.Electrical engineer
3.Electronics & Communication engineer
4.Civil engineer.
etc.

age- 21-30 years.
18th June 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Computer engineer or BCA student can give IPS exam??
5th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

SCOPE OF WHICH BRANCH OF ENG. IN FUTURE IS BEST AND ALSO APPLICABLE FOR IES AND OTHER ENTRANCE EXAM
5th July 2012, 09:47 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION conducts INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE(IES) once every year for recruitment to the top technical post under various Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronic & Telecommunication Dept. under Central Govt.

To be eligible for IES, the candidate must be an Indian Citizen. He should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree in any stream of Engineering or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection of aspiring IES candidate is through written exam based on the subject from Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication branch.

As you are student of ETC branch you can apply for IES and can opt crack the written exam by taking ETC subject.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2012, 04:27 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Information About IES Exam :

IES stands for indian engineering service exam conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services exams and every year the UPSC has conducted the IES exam once for requiting the engineer post in state govt departments.So, for attending the IES exam, required educational qualifications are you must complete the engineering graduation such as B.E/B.Tech in following any one of the branch.
  • Mechanical engineering
  • Electrical engineering
  • Electronics & Communication engineering
  • Civil engineer.
So, now you are completing the b.tech in electronics and communication engineering branch. Then you don't worry you can apply for this exam and also you must remember that, here also required age limit that should be 21-30 years and here age relaxation is available for reserved category candidates as per govt rules such as 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

For more information click link : www.upsc.gov.in

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
25th July 2012, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

can i give ies exam as an EEE branch student?
15th November 2012, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

as per upsc all engineering student can give exams of ies.......i am student of chemical engineerin at bit mesra am i eligible to give the ies exam???????
15th November 2012, 06:54 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.E.S exam.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2013
Date Of Notification:-16.03.2013
Last date of submission of form:-15.04.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam:-28.06.2013 (FRIDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
11th February 2013, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

My 21 years complete on this 1-05-2013 and my B.Tech E.C completed on 9-05-2013.Can I apply for IES 2013?
1st May 2013, 11:43 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Yes your eligible for IES Entrance Examination after Completing your Civil Engineering course ..

Any Engineering candidates are eligible for IES Entrance Examination ..

IES stands (Indian Engineering Service).. This Examination is Conducted by UPSC for every Once in a year ..

This IES Conducts Entrance Examination for , Civil engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering , Electronics and Communication Engineering Etc..

To appear in this Entrance Examination then the candidate should Complete Graduation course in Engineering Stream from recognized university ..

No Percentage of marks Needed for this Entrance Examination and Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination ..

The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years .. SC/ST and OBC candidates are eligible for Upper age relaxation ..

So, as per your educational qualification your eligible for IES Entrance Examination ..
16th July 2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

can i give ies exam with electronics and electrical branch? Plz reply soon
30th June 2015, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for indian engineering services exam with a btech in electronics and communication engineering, because ies exam requires btech in electronics and telecommunication engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?