22nd July 2013, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I give IIT exam after passing 12th

I have done 10 and like to do enginering with 2 years preparation

27th May 2015, 10:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IIT exam after passing 12th

There is no exam called as IIT exam but to get admitted in the IiT college best college for engineering courses India you will have to crack its entrance examination called as Joint entrance examination ( JEE ) .

Yes you can go for JEE examination after completing your 12th with Science with physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects with at least 50% aggregate in each of the mentioned subjects .

The examination is held in two stages which are JEE Mains and JEE Advance respectively and to get admitted in the IIT you have to clear both the stages along with the high percentage of marks in your board examination so that you remain within top 20 percentile students of your boards .

Yes you can go for the preparation for the same examination but meanwhile you must be focussed about your board studies too as the marks in same is required too for your admission in the IIT and there is quite difference between the boards and JEE mains syllabus .Also for ease in managing this problem you can go for any coaching institute providing quality education related with both examinations at the same time .
28th May 2015, 09:43 AM
sonymullowal

Hello friend.

I need to know whether you have done 12th in Non-Medical stream or not.

That is because IIT which stands for Indian Institute of Technology can be taken after 12th by students who has taken Non-Medical stream in 12th.

IIT is for admission in top Engineering Institutes for example IITs, NITs etc.

Also you can take the test if you have completed 12th in the above mentioned stream apart from being in the 12th standard presently.

IIT is conducted in 2 phases:-

--> IIT JEE Mains

--> IIT JEE Advanced

After clearing the above mentioned phases you become qualified for admission in the top institutions of Engineering.

Hope this answer addresses all your concerns.

Thank you.
28th May 2015, 12:46 PM
swanand thakur
Member+

Hey dear,you can apply for IIT advance exams even after 12th you have got 3 chances to attempt.Another thing, for last three years government has introduced two exams JEE(Mains) and JEE (Advanced) ,if you qualify for JEE (Mains) then you can appear for JEE(Advance). But from next year they are introducing CET exam as before for every engineering aiming student.
Now if you are aiming for IIT, you should only give one Exam which is only for IIT as before.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?