15th August 2015, 12:19 AM
Rubi dubey

Can I give NET/SET exam after doing TYB.Com

Sir now i am in t.y.b.com i want to know that after t.y.b.com. Can i give the net/set exam?

15th August 2015, 12:50 AM
JSD.

Default Re: Can I give NET/SET exam after doing TYB.Com

The basic eligibility criteria for the Net/set exam is to have a master degree from a recognized university in any stream with good percentile. If you have Master degree than definitely you can appear in the Net/Set exam.
15th August 2015, 09:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi dubey View Post
Sir now i am in t.y.b.com i want to know that after t.y.b.com. Can i give the net/set exam?
No, as per educational qualification you are not eligible for NET/SET exam.

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
15th August 2015, 10:48 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in the NET (National Eligibility Test ) and the SET ( State Eligibility Test) being the TYB.Com candidates.

The eligibility to appear in the NET examiation conducted by the UGC twice every year and the SET by the State Education board for the recruitment as the JRF and the Lectureship is :-

* Candidates must have the Master degree from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have scored atleast 55% aggregate in the Masters Degree.
* Candidate age must be between 19-28 years for the JRF and no limit for the Lectureship post.

So you have to complete your Bachleor and then the Master degree to appear for the NET and SET entrance examination. For more information visit at the www.ugc.ac.in
15th August 2015, 12:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the NET or the SET examination conducted for the posts of Junior Resarch Fellowship and the Lectureship. NET is at the National Level where as the SET at the State Level.

The minimum eligible to appear in the examination is the Master degree/ Post graduation in any discipline from the recognised university.

So you have to pursue your post graduation before appearing in the examiation. There is also limitations on the upper age limit as it is only 28 years for the JRF.
15th August 2015, 01:19 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No,you are not eligible to apply for NET/SET exam now being a graduate degree holder only.To apply for NET/SET exam,you have to first complete your PG degree .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

SET stands for State Eligibility Test .

NET/SET entrance exam which is conducted by the UGC (University Grants Commission) department .

The eligibility criteria for the NET/SET exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed the Master's degree with at least 55%(50% for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) marks from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

-For NET exam,the candidate age must be below 35 years.There is age relaxation as per gov. rules for reserved categories.

-For SET exam, there is no upper age limit.

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
15th August 2015, 04:11 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible for NET/SET.now you are studying in T.Y.B.com .If you want to apply for NET/SET , then you should complete your Master degree in any discipline from recognized university.

Eligibility

Qualification
- You must have Masted degree in any discipline from recognized university

Age Limit

For JRF
- Below 28 years on 1st june of the examination year.5 Years relaxation applicable to SC/ST/OBC category.

For Lecturership
- No Age Limit
- Candidates who have passed/appearing M.Phill/Ph.D are exempted from appearing NET.
- Candidates who have passes SET exam OR JRF exam are also exempted from appearing NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?