29th October 2016, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I join 3rd year Engineering after completing Diploma? What is the process?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing Diploma (1st year) and I believe after 2nd year I can get lateral entry to direct 3rd year of Engineering. Is it possible please share your opinion?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  2. Eligibility to join 3rd year of engineering after completing diploma from Anna University?
  3. Is it possible to join BE in 3rd year after completing diploma?
  4. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  5. Can I join IIT after completing my Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma+BE Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write? -- [New]
  7. Can I get admission in 3rd year B.Com directly after completing Diploma in Engineering?
  8. How to join direct 3rd year engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering?
  9. Am I eligible to apply JEE exam after completing my diploma??
  10. How to join aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical course?
  11. What should I do further after completing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  12. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  13. Can I get admission in 3rd year of engineering after completing 2 years of diploma course?
  14. Can I join IAF after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. What is the procedure I need to follow to join in marine engineering after completion of diploma course?
  16. What is the procedure to join AMIE? Which subject is applicable for me after Diploma?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in HCL for Diploma Computer Science Engineering 3rd year student?
  18. Process of admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
30th October 2016, 02:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join 3rd year Engineering after completing Diploma? What is the process?

No, lateral entry admission is allowed to get direct admission in second year of course. If you had completed diploma course, then you are allowed to apply LEET exam. Through this exam, you can apply for direct admission in second year of bachelor's degree.
Basically LEET stands for 'Lateral Entry Entrance Exam'. You should try to score as much as you can in this exam. Because the score card of this exam will decide the reputation of institute, you will got for further education.
So, my suggestion to you is that, you should complete your diploma course. After that go for LEET exam to get direct admission in 2nd year of b.tech.
30th October 2016, 05:25 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join 3rd year Engineering after completing Diploma? What is the process?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the 3rd year of engineering after the diploma degree from a recognised university/institute.

The candidates are eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year of the engineering through lateral entry.

So, if you are interested in pursuing in B.E/B.Tech you can appear for entrance examination conducted by the universities.
30th October 2016, 05:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma passed candidates are eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year of the B.Tech/B.E course not in the 3rd year.

So, you are eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year of course. The examination is conducted by the universiites such as APJTU, PTU etc for admission in course.

The candidates passed diploma from a recognised institute with minimum 60% varies with institutes are eligible to appear for the examination.
30th October 2016, 06:23 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

No it's not possible. Once you complete your diploma of 2 or 3 years. Than you can get admission in 2nd year of Engineering course directly and the course duration will be 3 years instead of 4 years. But you can't take directly admission in 3rd year of Engineering course.
30th October 2016, 08:32 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't join 3rd year Engineering course after completion of your Diploma course. You are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Engineering course through lateral entry admission process after completion of your three years Diploma course from a Government recognised board.

To get lateral entry admission in Engineering course, you have to appear in examinations like LEET or participate in CAP which is conducted by your respective state directorate of technical education. Based on your examination rank or merit, you will be allotted a seat in the college where you eligible to get admission for pursuing second year Engineering course.
16th September 2022, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

We can join course in engineering after completing diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?