31st May 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join BE in 3rd year after completing diploma?

Is it possible to join BE in 3rd year after completing diploma in the colleges affiliated by anna university???now i m studying direct second year in diploma...and the course is ECE...Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon?

1st June 2015, 06:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join BE in 3rd year after completing diploma?

No, it is not possible to get admission in B.E 3rd year after completion of your three years Diploma course. You can get direct admission in second year of B.E course through Lateral Entry process by appearing in LEET/ECET/JELET examinations after completion of your three years Diploma course. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E course.
1st June 2015, 09:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join in 3rd year of B.E course after the completion of diploma course, but you can join in 2nd year of B.E course by qualifying in Lateral Entry exam, which is conducted in your state. So, try to appear for Lateral Entry exam, which is conducted in Tamil Nadu. After qualifying such exam, you can directly get admission in 2nd year of B.E course in any college, depending upon your rank in entrance exam.
2nd June 2015, 08:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to join BE in 3rd year after completing diploma in the colleges affiliated by anna university???now i m studying direct second year in diploma...and the course is ECE...Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon?
No, it is not possible to join B.E in 3rd year after completion of diploma course. You can get admission in 2nd year of B.E course through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral Entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks from a recognized Institute.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks from a recognized University.
2nd June 2015, 10:37 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No you cannot get admission in 3rd year directly in B.E/B.Tech after completing your diploma. You are only allowed to join same course in 2nd year through LEET entry scheme. Under this scheme diploma holders are allowed to join B.E/B.Tech courses in 2nd year directly.

For using this entry scheme you need to give Lateral Entry Engineering Test. After that you need to do counselling to get admission in various colleges. Once you get sseat in college then simply visit there and claim your admission on the behalf of counselling result.
2nd June 2015, 11:17 PM
mwh

Diploma students cannot be allowed for 3rd year B.E.
They are alloted to 2nd year of B.E through the entrance examination.
So write entrance and join 2nd year B.E
ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?