27th October 2016, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force in fighter pilot branch?

Sir, I want to join the Indian Air Force in fighter pilot branch. Do I have to take science for that? Currently, I read in Apeejay school, Kolkata salt lake branch. After this year ends, I will be in 11th standard but I want to change my school. Is KV a right choice? I will appear in NDA exam. My CGPA ranges from 8.5 to 9.2. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a fighter pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a class 10th student
  2. What are the requirements of becoming a fighter pilot? How can I become one?
  3. How can I become a fighter pilot after 12th through NDA?
  4. Can I become a fighter pilot through NDA?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Fighter Pilot in the Indian Air Force? Do I have to join any Training Institutes for it? -- [New]
  6. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?
  7. Which exams should I take to become a women fighter pilot in Indian Air force? What are the terms and conditions?
  8. BA student can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot
  9. Can I become a fighter pilot in India Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can a girl become a fighter pilot in IAF? What is the procedure to apply for it?
  11. Passed 12th MCVC in Electrical Technology : Can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot?
  12. What are the requirements to join Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot? I have obtained 89.4% marks in 10th class
  13. Can I become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force? Information about Physical eligibility and exam pattern?
  14. What can I do after completion of MCVC?
  15. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  16. How can I join Indian Air force as a Pilot?
  17. Can I become a fighter pilot in IAF through NDA after class 12th
  18. Can I join Indian Air Force as a pilot after doing B.Tech from electrical branch
28th October 2016, 12:15 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force in fighter pilot branch?

There are two ways to join the Flying Branch and eventually become a Fighter Pilot of IAF :-

* NDA Entry (after 12th Science with PCM subjects)

* After Graduation (any 3 or 4 years long Graduation course along with 12th standard Science stream with PCM subjects) through CDSE, AFCAT ,SSC and NCC entry modes.

Through NDA Entry :-

One can become pilot through NDA exam,clearing which have to undergo a 3 year training at NDA, Khadakwasla, followed by flying training at Air Force Training establishments. After which the candidate will be commissioned as "permanent commission officers" and may be posted as pilots at any Air Force station.

Through CDSE (for men only)

After clearing the CDSE in order to join Air Force Academy (AFA), the candidate is kept under training from AFA, and get permanent commission as pilots.

Through NCC Special entry (for men only)

The candidate can apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force if holds an Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ Certificate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) . Only men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

Through AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)

This exam allows both men and women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years.
28th October 2016, 06:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must study Physics, Chemistry and Maths in 10 2 to become eligible for Indian Air Force fighter pilot job. School is not an issue, you have to prepare on the basis of syllabus of the exam.

NDA exam is conducted for class 12th candidates for officer level jobs in Army, Air Force and Navy. After studying PCM in 12th, you can become eligible for Air Force through NDA exam. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview.
29th October 2016, 12:58 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to join the Indian Air Force in fighter pilot branch. Do I have to take science for that? Currently, I read in Apeejay school, Kolkata salt lake branch. After this year ends, I will be in 11th standard but I want to change my school. Is KV a right choice? I will appear in NDA exam. My CGPA ranges from 8.5 to 9.2. Thank you!
Yes, you can join in Indian Air Force wing through NDA entrance exam conducted by the UPSC every twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification in any science stream from a recognized board.

- The candidate age should in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?