19th February 2016, 04:48 PM
prathikamohan

Which exams should I take to become a women fighter pilot in Indian Air force? What are the terms and conditions?

Hi sir, this is prathika.v.m. I am doing my 1st puc i am a girl. I want to become fighter pilot and join indian air force. So tell me that what exams should i take? And how should i proceed in this field? What are the terms and conditions, like height, eyesight etc? And when are women fighter pilots are taken? When should i join?

19th February 2016, 08:21 PM
SaddamHussain786
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which exams should I take to become a women fighter pilot in Indian Air force? What are the terms and conditions?

As a graduate, you can join the flying branch as a pilot by joining the "Air Force Academy" in any of the following ways.This exam (Air Force Common Admission Test - AFCAT) allows both men & women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years. Learn more about the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, dates for the AFCAT exam....
19th February 2016, 09:26 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exams should I take to become a women fighter pilot in Indian Air force? What are the terms and conditions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prathikamohan View Post
Hi sir, this is prathika.v.m. I am doing my 1st puc i am a girl. I want to become fighter pilot and join indian air force. So tell me that what exams should i take? And how should i proceed in this field? What are the terms and conditions, like height, eyesight etc? And when are women fighter pilots are taken? When should i join?
Yes you can give AFCAT examination to fulfill your dream of working in the Indian Air Force.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted to recruit candidates in the flying, technical and ground duty branches of IAF. The notification for this year's exam has already been released and the exam is going to take place on 21st February.

Educational Qualification:-

Flying Branch: For this branch a graduation in any discipline or a bachelor's degree in engineering is required with not less than 60% of marks.

Technical Branch: You need to possess a four year degree qualification or you should have passed section a and b exam of associate membership of institution engineers or the aeronautical society of India with not less than 60% of marks.

Ground Duty Branch: You need to have a bachelor's degree in commerce or a CA or ICWA degree with not less than 60% of marks.

Age Limit:-

Flying Branch: 20-24 years
Technical Branch: 20-26 years
Ground Duty Branch: 20-26 years

Selection Process:-
  • Written Test
  • Intelligence Test
  • Psychological Test
  • Group Test
  • Medical Test and Interview session
Physical Standard:-
  • Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight
  • Leg Length : Min -99 cms. Max – 120 cms.
  • Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms.
  • Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms.
  • Minimum Visual Acuity should be 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other.
  • For correction of vision LASIK Surgery is admissible in the flying branch.
Official Website:- http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/
19th February 2016, 09:42 PM
RANA175

presently their is no opportunity for girls to join in INDIAN AIR FORCE as a fighter pilot.
But you should have opportunity to be a transport pilot both in fixed and rotary wing aircraft by giving CDS, AFCAT, NDA ..... Via PABT EXAM.
19th February 2016, 10:31 PM
Knowledge World

You can give various exams depending on your qualifications to become a pilot in the indian air force.
After your graduation you can give AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test - AFCAT).This exam is conducted by IAF(Indian Air force) twice in a year.Both Women and men can appear this exam.
The eligibility criteria of Women for appear this exam:
Age should be 20-24 year old.
Students with minimum 60% marks in graduation may a apply.
Minimum Height is 162.5cms for both men and women and weight according to their height.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?