27th November 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I join IAF as Pilot after completion of Engineering?

can i join IAF after enggineering as pilot.... plz rply as soon as possible.... thank u...

27th November 2011, 05:17 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IAF as Pilot after completion of Engineering?

Applications are invited in the month of January/February from eligible male and female (both unmarried) Indian citizens for SSC Course for Helicopter Pilots in Flying Branch for the courses commencing in January and July.

Age limit for IAF Pilots :
19 to 23 years on the 1st of the month of commencement of the course.

Minimum Educational Qualification for IAF Pilots:
BSc {Physics/Maths) 3 years or BE 4 years or BSc (General) 3 years with Physics and Maths.
The candidate should not have failed INS-B/PAB Test earlier.
Should not have been suspended in Flying Training earlier.

Details Regarding Selection Procedure
Interivews Test/ Personality Test All candidates will be required to appear for Pilot Aptitude Battery Test, except those
already qualified previously. All PAB Test qualified candidates will then be required to appear for rest of the Air Force
Selection Board tests comprising of officers Intelligence Test/Psychological/Group Tests and Interview. The total selection period is approx 5 or 6 days. Candidates finally recommended by the Selection Board will be routed to Medical Examination which may take another 6 or 7 days. Duration of training is 72 weeks at Air Force Academy.
27th November 2011, 08:38 PM
DASHARD

Yes you can join Indian Air Force as a pilot after you engineering.
You just need to undergo 3 months Training of flying and need to clear the end term paper.
After that you can give the CDSE or IAF exam to join Air-Force as a pilot.
13th December 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I passed my 10 and now i m doing diploma in mechnical engg. I wanted to join Indian air force.... Pls can you tel me.... What is the procedure to join indian air force about my qualification
13th December 2011, 11:02 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join IAF after enggineering as pilot.... plz rply as soon as possible.... thank u...
Yes of course,you are eligible to apply for this examination after completing your graduation.

Eligibility Criteria for pilot :-

The applicants must be citizen of India and both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination but the applicant should be unmarried at the time of appearing for this examination.Education qualification for this examination is bachelor's degree in graduation in any discipline or bachelor's degree in engineering in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.The applicant's must secure at least 60% marks in your examination.

The applicant's must have a physics,chemistry and mathematics at 12th level examination.The applicant's age should be between 19 years and 23 years at the time of appearing for this examination and there is no upper age limits is given to the reserved candidates.Applicant's who are completed or appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination but pre-final year of degree course can not eligible to apply for this examination.

There is no backlogs at the time of appearing if you have a backlogs in your examination you are not eligible to apply for this examination.After clearing your backlogs your eligible to apply for this examination.
28th March 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

what are the qualities you want to see on the candidate who is interested in pilot?
22nd September 2012, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

i have done my 10th ,diploma in cs and engineering, is there any way for me to join as pilot in IAF
13th July 2016, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Now I'm in my 3rd year of engineering in
Electronics in Instrumentation and technology engg
How can I become a pilot in IAF ,wanted to know the procedure.
15th July 2016, 05:27 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join IAF as Pilot after completion of Engineering.

One needs to apply for AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) if one wishes to become a pilot in IAF. This exam allows both men and women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years.

Eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam to join Flying branch are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

Physical standards requirement :

Height : 162.5 cm for both men and women with correlated weight.

Eyesight : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?