14th May 2012, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

How should I join IAF after pursuing B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics?

Hi,
i'm anjesh kumar yadav. Now i'm pearsuing b.tech to electrical & electronics engineering branch. But after bachlore i want to join the IAF & want to Make a iaf pilot. So tell full proces about it.
Thanks alot.

14th May 2012, 09:51 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join IAF after pursuing B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics?

You can join IAF through basically two ways:- CDS and AFCAT and TGC

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I ans CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 22 years, is eligible to apply for Indian Air Force Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

AFCAT- AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Indian Air Force for entry in to Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having completed Graduation with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years for Flying Branch and 18 to 28 years for Technical Branch, is eligible to apply for AFCAT.

For m,ore information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

TGC - TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE is only for Engineering Graduates within the age of 18 to 28 years.
14th May 2012, 06:34 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: How should I join IAF after pursuing B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
i'm anjesh kumar yadav. Now i'm pearsuing b.tech to electrical & electronics engineering branch. But after bachlore i want to join the IAF & want to Make a iaf pilot. So tell full proces about it.
Thanks alot.
Eligibility Criteria IAF Pilot:-

1) Age:- 19 to 23 years

2) Marital Status :- Single

3) Nationality :- Indian

4) Gender :- This is applicable to both men and women.

5) Educational Qualifications :- Must be a graduate in any stream with Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.

Entry Procedure :-

There are the three modes of entry for graduates to join the Flying Branch :-

1) Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
2) National Defence Academy(NDA)
3) AFCAT

For more information of NDA & CDSE visit www.upsc.gov.in
For more information of AFCAT visit www.careerairforce.nic.in
26th May 2012, 10:41 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How should I join IAF after pursuing B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Thanks alot.
There are various entry schemes through which you can join Indian Air force as an officer after the completion of your engineering. The various entry schemes are Combined defence service examination and Air force common admission test.The eligibility required for both of the entry scheme is given below:

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAMINATION
CDS examination is conducted by the Union public service commission twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Army, Air force and Navy.
For the CDS examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the CSD examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and Maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

AFCAT exam

You can also apply through Air force common admission test. This exam is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year for the selection of candidate as an officer in various branches of Indian Air force such as FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH and GROUND DUTY BRANCH.

For the AFCAT examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the AFCAT examination.
For TECHNICAL BRANCH only the engineering students are eligible.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 YEARS

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 YEARS

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 YEARS
26th May 2012, 12:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can join IAF from two ways:
1.CDS
2.AFCAT

ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA
FOR CDS EXAM:candidate must be graduate from any stream from a recognised university.

FOR AFCAT EXAM
:Candidate must have passed graduation and apply for FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH,GROUND DUTY BRANCH.

AGE LIMIT
Candidate age must be lies in between 19-23 for AFCAT
and 19-25 for CDS.

For more information you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
26th May 2012, 12:40 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear......
As you are interested for IAF which is Indian air force , you can apply for this exam after graduation .the eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows.......

The list of best books for preparation are as follows.....

for more details visit its website .
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..........
26th May 2012, 01:17 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

You are eligible to apply for IAF through CDS exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year this exam have three wings those are

1.Indian Army

2.Indian Navy

3.Indian Air Force

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CDS EXAM:

1.Graduate candidates are applicable.

2.Age limit is 19 to 24 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

4.Only unmarried male candidates are applicable.

5.Candidate should be physically fit.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Written exam

2.Interview

For more information visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST...
29th June 2012, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

how should i join IAF after pursuing B.E IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS ?
2nd September 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

How should I join IAF after pursuing diploma in Electronics and communication
?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?