15th April 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?

i am a diploma mechanical engineering student. now i am studying 3rd year. can i join in marine engineering after this?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  2. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  3. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. How can I join Marine engineering after passing Diploma engineering?
  5. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
  6. How can I study Marine Engineering if pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  7. What are the courses available in Marine engineering after B.E Mechanical Engineering? I have finished B.E Mechanical Engineering and want to join in marine engineering
  8. How to join M.Tech Mechanical engineering after finishing B.E Marine engineering?
  9. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  10. How can I get admission in Marine government college after passing B.Tech in mechanical Engineering? Which entrance exams are conducted for that?
  11. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma? I have scored 85% marks
  12. Procedure to join Marine Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How may I join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering with 61% marks?
  15. After B.Tech Mechanical what steps to be followed to join marine engineering course? Any government colleges providing this course in Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad?
  16. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  17. Can we join Marine Engineering after completing Mechanical engineering from Private Colleges?
  18. How to join marine engineering after finishing diploma mechanical engineering?
20th April 2012, 10:34 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a diploma mechanical engineering student. now i am studying 3rd year. can i join in marine engineering after this?
Eligibility to pursue Marine Engineering after completion of diploma program:

A candidate who has completed 3 years diploma program in engineering discipline, including mechanical engineering, from a college approved by AICTE or any State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% marks will be eligible to get admission into the 2nd year of the 4 Year degree course in Marine Engineering.

Some of the reputed institutes offering the course are as follows:

Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering-Sriperumbadur
Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training-Pune
CV Raman College of Engineering-Bhubaneswar
Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering-West Bengal
Academy of Maritime Education and Training-Chennai

For further information, refer to the official website of the Institutes mentioned above.
18th July 2013, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

how to join merchant navy after completing b.e in mechanical engineering? please send me on [email protected].
28th September 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 4th year BE mechanical engneering .i would like to study marine engneering. so what can i study in marine courses.please send me on [email protected].
2nd October 2013, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?

Quote:
hi.....good morning
3rd June 2014, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i had completed BE mechanical engneering .i would like to study marine engneering. so what can i study in marine courses.please send me on [email protected]. and please send me related govt. course of marine engineering
20th June 2014, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

B.E mech waiting for 8th sem i Can join marine Engg i would like to join in Goa plz mail me [email protected]
28th July 2014, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?

Quote:
NOW IM studying B.E mechanical eng 3rd year after finshing B.E i can join in marine engineering?
6th August 2014, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering?

sir i am 3rd year mechanical student Can I join Marine Engineering after passing mechanical engineering? please infofm
26th January 2016, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I want to join Marine engineering college.and i complite 10th as well as deploma in mechanical engineering.so give me the infirmation about it plz...
30th June 2023, 08:38 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

Yes, it is possible to join Marine Engineering after completing a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Many individuals with a mechanical engineering background pursue a career in Marine Engineering.

To join Marine Engineering after completing mechanical engineering, you can consider the following options:

Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate Courses: Some institutes offer postgraduate diploma or certificate courses specifically designed for mechanical engineers who wish to specialize in Marine Engineering. These courses provide specialized knowledge and skills required for working in the maritime industry.

Conversion Courses: Some universities and institutes offer conversion courses or bridge programs that allow mechanical engineering graduates to gain the necessary knowledge and skills required for Marine Engineering. These programs are designed to provide the specific training needed to work in the maritime sector.

Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) Course: Another option is to pursue a Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course. GME courses are typically one-year programs that train individuals to become marine engineers. These courses provide comprehensive training in marine systems, ship operations, marine engineering principles, and practical aspects of working on ships.

Merchant Navy Cadetship Programs: Many shipping companies and maritime organizations offer cadetship programs for engineering graduates. These programs combine onboard training and classroom-based learning to prepare individuals for a career in the merchant navy. They often include periods of practical training at sea, allowing individuals to gain hands-on experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?