18th April 2015, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after 10th? Educational requirements for Merchant Navy?

I am from kolhapur,maharashtra. Can i join merchant navy after 10th? What are educational requirements for merchant navy?

18th April 2015, 02:38 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after 10th? Educational requirements for Merchant Navy?

No, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy after 10th.

Educational requirements for apply merchant navy:-

For joining merchant navy candidate must have completedis class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Only unmarried Male candidate are eligible to apply this exam.

Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.

Admission is through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.

After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test.
18th April 2015, 03:08 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after 10th? Educational requirements for Merchant Navy?

You must have completed 10th or 12th standard from a recognized board.

Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea classes.Single Female and Male are eligible.

The All India Merchant Navy Entrance are conducted in the month of November and December each year.

Candidates age should be between 16 years to 25 years.

Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written test and selected candidates are called for an interview.

Candidate Eyes should be 6/6 and without spectacles.If candidate have color Blindness then they cannot eligible.
18th April 2015, 06:10 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Not after high school but if you have made your mind to go for merchant navy then you can apply for it after your intermediate.

- One should have completed 10+2 or equivalent, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

- Also,age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year): SC/ST- 5 years relaxation

So, our advise is that, since you have passed high school, you opt for science stream in the 11th class and then after your intermediate look for the merchant navy option.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?