23rd February 2015, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA without PCM? I am a commerce stream student without PCM

can i join nda without pcm because iam with commerce stream without pcm

16th March 2015, 10:15 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA without PCM? I am a commerce stream student without PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes you can join the National Defense Academy but, for Ground Duty only.

NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year for those candidates who want to join the defense directly after completing their intermediate.

Candidates from the commerce background are eligible only for the ground duty, whereas candidates with PCM can also apply for the other wings such as the Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

Age of candidates should be at least 16.5 years and the upper age should not exist 19 years. No any age relaxations.

Female candidates are not eligible, only male candidates can apply for NDA.

Candidate must have citizenship of India.

Mode of Selection:
  1. Written exam
  2. SSB Interview and
  3. Medical Test
17th March 2015, 04:17 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA without PCM? I am a commerce stream student without PCM

Quote:
NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the three wings of this academy are army, navy and air force wings. The eligibility criteria to enter these wings varies from one another. The exam to recruit candidates is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Usually the exam is conducted twice ever year once in the month of March and once in the month of August. The training period for this course lasts for three years and after that you will be awarded with a bachelor's degree.

As you have mentioned your stream so let me tell you that since you are commerce stream therefore you are only eligible to apply for the army wing because the rest of the two wings demands students for science stream only.

In order to give this examination one needs to be a citizen of India firstly. That's of vital importance. Apart from that you need to be male candidate as girls are not allowed to sit for this exam.

For the army wing as mentioned above only you need to be a 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent education. Here the stream at +2 level is of little importance.

But for the navy and air force wing apart from being a 12th class pass, you need to have physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects at +2 level.

As far as the age criteria is concerned, the upper age limit for this exam is 19 years and lower age limit is 16.5 years. Throughout the training period you have to maintain your unmarried status and on failing to do you will be shown the door.

If you are interested to apply for this year's exam then tell me tell you that the NDA (I) exam 2015 notification is already out and the exam is due on 19th april 2015 and NDA II Exam is going to take place on 27.09.2015.

To get more detailed information please click on this link: http://www.upsconline.nic.in
17th March 2015, 08:06 PM
Creator1991
Junior Member+

Quote:
Why not, surely you can join NDA without PCM but you are not eligible to apply for Navy wings and Air Force wings. You are eligible to apply for Army wings. Any background stream candidate can eligible to apply for NDA Examination. So, you are definitely eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

Qualification required to apply for NDA :
  • 12th in any discipline from a recognized School.
  • Age should have minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years.
  • Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
18th March 2015, 09:40 PM
nishanth60

## NDA(National Defense Academy) exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year to recruit the candidates in Army,Navy and Air force wings.
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Army wing is 12th standard in any stream & for Navy and Air force wings is 12th with Physics,Maths,Chemistry as subjects.
## As you have completed 12th in commerce stream,you can apply for Army wing.
## Age limit to apply for NDA exam is 16.5-19 years and only male candidates are eligible to apply.
## The selection procedure is
->Written exam
->Fitness test
->Personal interview
1st April 2015, 12:25 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the NDA entrance exam being a commerce stream candidate.

But you should keep one thing in mind that after clearing the entrance exam, you will be eligible to join Indian Army only.

Other than academic qualification, your age must be between 16.5-19 years. No upper age relaxations applicable to candidates of any category.

You must be unmarried male Indian.

It has two stages:

>>Written test.

>>Service Selection Board.

The notification for the NDA II will be out on 20/06/2015. After that you can apply online for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.
2nd April 2015, 10:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No , you cant apply for NDA examination as commerce student in +2.
NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the exam is conducted by UPSC twice in year .
The candidates must have Physics ,Mathematics and English as there main paper in board.
The written examination is of 900 marks in which there are two paper.
Paper-I of mathematics of 300 marks.
Paper-II of General Ability of 600 marks.

The candidates who qualifies in this are called for the SSB.
The age of candidates must be between 16.5-19years .
3rd April 2015, 01:07 AM
unique99

There is no restriction you can join NDA without pcm having commerce stream.

NDA(National Defence Academy)entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.A candidate can join Army/Navy/Air Force wing through NDA entrance exam.

**Those who have completed 12th standard without PCM subjects they can do NDA only for Army wing.

**Age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

**Only Indian unmarried male candidate can do NDA exam.

**Candidates eye sight must be normal 6"/6" also free from color blindness.

According to above guidelines as you belong to commerce stream you are eligible for Army wing.
3rd April 2015, 09:11 AM
momtazz

Yeah, you are eligible for NDA army wing because your background is commerce,keep in mind science graduates having PCM subjects are eligible for all army/navy/airforce wings.

**NDA entrance examination is conducted by UPSC 2 times in a year.

**Only unmarried Indian male can complete NDA.

**Candidates eye sight must be normal without color blindness.

visit http://www.upsc.gov.in for details of the UPSC NDA exam.
3rd April 2015, 10:25 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry , you can't join or apply for the NDA being a commerce student in +2 .
The eligibility criteria is :---

+2 passed or even appearing candidates with PCM with English as main subject can apply .

The age of the candidates must be 16.5- 19 years .

The examination is held twice in a year and the examination is conducted by UPSC . The examination is conducted in two parts :---
Written paper of 900 marks with negative marking also .

If you qualify in the written then examination then you are called for SSB .
3rd April 2015, 10:43 AM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join NDA without PCM.
As a commerce student you can join Indian Army through NDA. You are not eligible to join Indian Navy and Air force without PCM.

Educational Qualification :

For Indian Army : Candidate must have completed his/her 12th class from any recognised board in any stream.

For Indian Air Force and Navy : Candidate must have completed his/her 12th class from any recognised board with Physics and Mathematics.

Age Limit : Age of candidate must be between : 16-1/2 - 19 Years

Candidate must be citizen of India.

Candidate must be unmarried male.

So, you can apply for Indian Army through NDA but you are not eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force.

For more details and latest notification and to apply online just visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(105.8 KB, 61 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?