27th September 2011, 02:25 PM
Lovepreet chawla

Can I join IAF without appearing for NDA Exam having secured 77% in 12th with PCM?

Sir can i join IAF without NDA after +2 with equivalent 77% marks of PCM ? How?

27th September 2011, 03:53 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IAF without appearing for NDA Exam having secured 77% in 12th with PCM?

Hello friend,
If you want to join Indian Air Force as an officer after qualifying +2 level of exam, the only way is through NDA exam conducted by the union public service commission.
The minimum eligible age is 16 1/2 years and the maximum age limit is 19 years.

However, you may join Indian Air Force as an Airmen without appearing for the NDA exam. To be eligible, you must be within the age limit of 17-22 years and must have qualified +2 level of exam with a minimum of 50% marks and must have studied Maths and Physics in the same.
The selection of an Airmen is done by the Central Airmen Selection Board.

For more information, refer to the official website of Indian Air Force.
27th September 2011, 06:38 PM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Can I join IAF without appearing for NDA Exam having secured 77% in 12th with PCM?

Hi friend
friend you can not join IAF without NDA after 12th.

good luck
27th September 2011, 08:00 PM
dil-jale

yeah offocourse you are eligible for IAF exam.
you also go for CDS exam if you are completing graduation.
thanks
27th September 2011, 10:48 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovepreet chawla View Post
dear friend,

Yes you can my friend.There are generally three main branch in IAF which are :

1. Flying Branch,
2. Ground Duty branch,
3. Technical Branch.

AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) is the exam by which a candidate get selected in IAF.

At first complete your graduation then you will be eligible for Flying Branch, Ground Duty branch. So do first.

Official website of Indian Air Force :

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in
You can also visit :

http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

good luck.
27th September 2011, 11:52 PM
praveendia

No ur not.at 10+2 level only nda exam is available.u can go for the nda exam.or first complete the graduation u have more options to join the airforce through cds,afcat etc
28th September 2011, 03:19 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of 12th you want to go for IAF..

For that you have to appear in NDA exam.. After qualifying in NDA exam you will get a chance to go for IAF..

Without appearing in NDA exam , you will not be able to join in IAF..
Your 12th marks marks will not help you out to join in IAF..
The only way is , you have to go through the NDA exam..

So, work hard , prepare yourself for NDA exam..

All the best..
14th October 2011, 01:33 PM
RamXXX

Of course , you can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam .

If you are a student of science with PCM and your age is in between 16.5 to 19 years . Then you are eligible for the exam .Percentage is not important for this exam .Them most important thing is , you have to be physically extremely fit .

Thank you
1st March 2012, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

SIR I AM IN XI STD. I HAVE TAKEN PCB I HAVE LEFT OUT MATHS......AS AN OPTIONAL SUBJECT....I HAVE THE DOUBT THAT IF ARMY WING ARE ACCEPTING NON-MATH STUDENTS HOW WILL A SEPARATE EXAM BE CONDUCTED FOR THEM OR THIS IS SIMPLY WEIRD THAT NON-MATHS STUDENTS WILL ATTEMPT A 300 MARK MATHS PAPER......PLS. INFORM ME.
3rd April 2015, 03:12 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovepreet chawla View Post

IAF (Indian Air Force) is one of the defence forces of India and to join in this force there are certain eligibility standards which you need to possess to apply for entrance exams. Having completed +2 in PCM stream you can apply for the NDA Exam itself, as you are satisfying the needed education qualification

To join in Indian Air force, through NDA candidate need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects. Along with this you should also satisfy the nationality, martial status, age limit and physical standard criteria.

Without writing NDA you can join as Airmen in Group X (Technical) Trades. The eligibility needed are:

# Candidate must have a citizenship in India

# Candidate should be a unmarried male candidate

# Age limit needed is 17-22 years

# Education qualification needed is candidate should have completed Diploma or +2 from a recognized school board with Mathematics, Physics
and English, minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.

If you satisfy these criteria, then you can apply for Group X.
14th June 2019, 12:42 AM
Deepanshu3010

No, you cannot join Indian air force without giving NDA.

To become a officer in the Indian air force one has to five NDA exam which is
held twice in a year by UPSC. The exam is held in the month of April and September.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?