19th January 2012, 11:37 AM
sarthak25

Can I make entry into IIMs by CAT Exam having scored 54% in 10th and 61% in B.Tech with an experience of 3 years in IT Industry?

Hello
i have not much solid in academics i have 54 % in 10 th and 52 % in and i am btech graduate with 61% but i have a experience of almost 3 years in it industry i fall under pwd category i am preparing for cat exam in 2012 can i make the entry to iim's

Related Questions:
  1. What is the selection process for various IIMS? I have scored 78% in 10th and 77% in 12th
  2. Confusions regarding CA and IIMs for studious student?
  3. How to get admission into an IIM after working in a company for 2 years? -- [New]
  4. Eligibility to appear in CAT for 35 years old government teacher?
  5. What is the selection criteria for IIMs after qualifying CAT along with GD and PI? Do they give preference for those who have good score in graduation?
  6. Do I have a chance to get calls from IIM's after scoring 84.75% in 10th, 93.4% in 12th and 59.6% in B.E?
  7. Entrance exams to be written to do MBA courses in IIM, NIT, MIT, PSG Amrita? What are the basic marks required?
  8. Am I eligible for Infosys interview with 6 years experience but still have less than 60% in UG degree?
  9. What is the age limit to join IIM's?
  10. Which course is a better choice for me to join after completion of 12th Class with 90% of marks being a candidate having interest to do Business from top rated Institutes?
  11. Eligibility for MBA in IIMs after B.Tech with backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to get into IIMS after scoring 35% in 2nd PUC?
  13. Government Teacher of 35 years old is eligible for CAT 2016?
  14. Am I eligible to get a seat in IIMS after doing B.Tech in JNTUH Affiliated College
  15. How much to score in CAT to get into IIMs?
  16. How may I get admission in Germany for MS course after completing B.Tech Biotech and gaining two year work experience in Biotech industry?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for CAT? I have scored 69.06% in 10th
  18. How does 10th and 12th academics affect calls from IIMs on the basis of CAT? Can I get IIM calls at 90% marks in 10th and 75% marks in 12th?
19th January 2012, 03:27 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I make entry into IIMs by CAT Exam having scored 54% in 10th and 61% in B.Tech with an experience of 3 years in IT Industry?

Dear pal,
IIM are the top business schools in India and so getting into it is not easy you need to be talented and work hard to get admitted into it. The eligible aspirants are admitted based on the CAT score and they need to go through different rounds .
The different stages are group discussion and personnel interview . Before that a good CAT score is required as the initial filtration is based on that mark. A good preparation will definitely help you to crack the exam.
Industry exposure will help you to face group discussion and personnel interview but for crossing the first stage you can either go for coaching classes or prepare by yourself. Various books are available which will guide you through the process. Not much of technical knowledge is required for cracking the CAT exam. It includes much of aptitude questions. All the best
27th February 2012, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I make entry into IIMs by CAT Exam having scored 54% in 10th and 61% in B.Tech with an experience of 3 years in IT Industry?

what is the good parsentail for sc students to get a seat in iims?
5th July 2012, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Do I seriously have a chance in any of th IIM's ...Joined coaching 4 months ago and doing fair enough..!! Though I got 78.6 and 78.8 percentage in class 10th and 12th respectively I still am optimistic..!!
Now how much your Extra cirricular activities come into play? are they taken into consideration?
Likewise I have played under-16 Nationals in cricket thrice and under-19 nationals in Football Twice although I didnot land up with any medals but I have numbers.!!
I am getting more than 90%ile in Mocks !!!
What sort of Chances do I have?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?