23rd August 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I opt for commerce without maths if I want to do MBA?

I am confused in this part. I want to know that can i opt. For commerce without maths if i want to do M.B.A. In future?

13th May 2015, 09:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for commerce without maths if I want to do MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am confused in this part. I want to know that can i opt. For commerce without maths if i want to do M.B.A. In future?
Surely yes, you can opt for commerce without selecting Maths if you want to go for MBA in future. Maths is required only to pass entrance exams like CAT, MAT, and XAT etc., which are set for the admission in MBA program in various management Institutes like IIM etc.

It is good if you can choose Maths in your intermediate examination as well as in graduation because maths will help you a lot to crack the National & the State level entrance examination. As you know that in all the entrance examination Quantitative section is the base & if you choose maths in your graduation, then it will help you to attempt quantitative questions in the entrance examination.

It is not mandatory to choose maths if you want to go for MBA in future. Any graduate pass candidate is eligible for MBA Programs. The admission in Top business schools is based on CAT entrance examination, but you can also go to XAT/MAT entrance examination to join other top B-Schools. CAT is a high level of examination to join IIM's.

To go for the MBA, the educational eligibility required is that the applicant must be Graduate in any of the streams from any of the recognized institutes/University. Maths is not mandatory to have it in your graduate degree. It only qualifies subject in entrance exam that is based on 8th-10th Mathematics. You can practice it from R.S. Aggarwal Quantitative Aptitude Book. So, Maths is not an issue if you want to go for MBA later.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?