4th November 2015, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I opt for Geology subject in my 12th standard? Will that be helpful for me?

I have opted biology,physics,chemistry..,Information Practices and English in my 12th CBSE board and i want to know the courses available for me....can i opt Geology after my 12th ?

Is it a profitable job or would provide with good experiences and earnings for me..?

4th November 2015, 10:26 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I opt for Geology subject in my 12th standard? Will that be helpful for me?

Yes, you can apply for the geology as the main subject after the 12th class from the science stream and i think it is good that a person qualify the 12th standard with science stream if take the art in the graduation will be good if he or she is going to prepare for the competition exams as for the Staff Selection Commission or Combined Defense Service exam because after 12th from science stream you will better in general knowledge of science than others and also other parts of general knowledge will make strong as the art stream in Graduation.

>> And if you want to take the geology in the Graduation in B.Sc then it could be a better option because after the bachelor from the geology you can also apply for master degree in the same and after master degree you can qualify the national eligibility test and go in the research or try a job of assistant professor in any college.
4th November 2015, 11:18 PM
ant man

Default Re: Can I opt for Geology subject in my 12th standard? Will that be helpful for me?

Sorry to tell that you cannot take geology in 12th. You can take geology if you are from maths, physics and chemistry stream but only in graduation.

As you are from BiPC stream, you can do medical courses or science courses in graduation.

You must the pass the medical entrance exam to get seat in the medical course.
The medical entrance exams are conducted every year. Being the final year of 12th also you can apply.

The courses you can do are
1. MBBS
2. BDS
3. B.Pharm
4. B.Sc
5. BAMS etc
5th November 2015, 11:49 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

You can choose geology subject if you have completed 12th in science.

There are some courses available after 12th :-
B.Sc (Hons) with Geology
M.Sc Geology
M.Sc (Applied Geology)
M.Tech (Geology)
M.Phil Geology

After completion of B.Sc you can do further studies in M.Sc,M.Tech,M.phil etc.After doing Master Degree in Geology you may get jobs as a Geologists,Meteorologist,Geographers & Oceanographic.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?