22nd September 2012, 07:26 PM
subhash804

Can I prepare for IEs at home? Names of the core subject books for each subject?

can i perpare for ies at home,,, can u tell me the name of core subject books for each subject to study properly ???

15th June 2015, 03:39 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for IEs at home? Names of the core subject books for each subject?

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. This is also called Engineering Services exam. It is one of the most suitable exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for engineers.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology can apply for the exam. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Indian Engineering Services exam is conducted in four streams only:

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

>>Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

The age limit is 21-30 years for candidates of general category and upper age relaxed upto three years for OBC and five years to SC/ST respectively.

Preparation Strategy:

Yes, why not, you can prepare for the Indian Engineering Services exam from home also. From my point of view, you should join the correspondence course of best institutes of IES preparation like MADE EASY, GATEFORUM etc, they will provide you the best reference books for self preparation. You have not mentioned your stream for IES, so we cannot provide you list of best books.

Work on the concept of each technical subject and practice more and more. Regular revision at periodic intervals. Before some months of IES exam, join test series of MADE EASY to assess your preparation. Practice previous year papers of Indian Engineering services, you can obtain it from the official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?