4th May 2011, 04:30 PM
Raviteja279

How to prepare for IES exam while doing 3rd year B.Tech EEE course? Which book should be referred?

Hello sir,
I am studying 3rd btech,e.e.e.i want to prepare for I.E.S,can u give me some suggestion of how to prepare for the exam...Which books should be referred?

5th May 2011, 09:09 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IES exam while doing 3rd year B.Tech EEE course? Which book should be referred?

This exam is similar to GATE EEE so no worries just concentrate as you do in classwork and also

after classwork if possible go for coaching and enhance your skills in exam point of view

as for this there will be a lot of competition

you have to face country wide competition for this exam the syllabus for this exam covers these topics

they are

-> EM Theory

-> Electrical Materials

-> Electrical Circuits

-> Measurements and Instrumentation

-> CONTROL SYSTEMS.

-> Electrical Machines and Power Transformers

-> Power systems

-> ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS

-> MICROPROCESSORS

-> COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

-> POWER ELECTRONICS

All these topics are familiar to you so you have to deeply concentrate on mastering these topics with lot of multiple choice questions

Coming to the matter of books use your college library effectively

and to practice the multiple choice question there are so many books available in the market if you have opportunity then solve the previous years question papers of IES and also GATE EEE

this is the strategy that has to be followed by IES Aspirant

Regards

~AdityA~
5th May 2011, 01:04 PM
ramanath

Default Re: How to prepare for IES exam while doing 3rd year B.Tech EEE course? Which book should be referred?

hi friend,
don worry...you are in the 3 rd year ...this is the right time to start your preparations for IES....try to answer some mock questions....please join any coaching academy....they will guide you properly
study well the concepts in the following subjects

->EM Theory

-> Electrical Materials

-> Electrical Circuits

-> Measurements and Instrumentation

-> CONTROL SYSTEMS.

-> Electrical Machines and Power Transformers

-> Power systems

-> ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS

-> MICROPROCESSORS

-> COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

-> POWER ELECTRONICS

all the best..................
5th May 2011, 05:07 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IES exam while doing 3rd year B.Tech EEE course? Which book should be referred?

First of all you have to go through the core subjects thoroughly.Start from the fundamentals i.e from Network Theory.If your perfect in Network theory then you can go through the remaining subjects like:-

Electrical machines,Control Systems,Power Systems,Electronic Devices and Circuits,Pulse Devices and Circuits,Measurements and Instrumentation,Linear and Digital Integrated Circuit Analysis,Power Electronics,Micro Processors,Heavy Voltage Engineering.

You need to refer standard books of J.B Gupta,Bakshi,Millman,Nagrath and Gopal,Boylestead..etc.Since your a 3rd year student hence i believe you must be familiar will all the author names mentioned here.Follow these standard text books and i am sure that you can face the exam easily.

Prepare a proper time table so that you can go through a specific subject in a particular day.Only proper planning will make you to go through the exam with good marks.
22nd May 2011, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

what are the core subjects for ece r07,in 4 years education syllabus????????????
20th June 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

im a student of b.tech ece so can try for ies xam after my b.tech and what is the strategy to prepare for this please help me
26th April 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare ies&psu while doing btech 2ndyear the madeeasy postal course will niceto study . please give me your suggesstion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?