10th April 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I prepare for UPSC Exam pursuing 1st year of B.Com course?

Can i preapare for upsc exam,i am learning 1st year of b.com?

11th April 2012, 01:20 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I prepare for UPSC Exam pursuing 1st year of B.Com course?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is an official body which will conduct number of Entrance Exam for the candidates in order to recruit them into various public services.

There is no separate exam like UPSC Exam.

Here are some of the Entrance Exams which will be conducted by UPSC.
-NDA Exam
-CSAT Exam
-SCRA Exam
-CDS Exam
-IES Exam etc.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for the candidates will be different from one exam to the other exam.

You did not mention the specific Entrance Exam for which you want to start preparation out of the various Entrance Exams being conducted by UPSC.

In order to be eligible for IES Exam, one should have completed Graduation in Engineering.

As you are a candidate from B.Com course, you are not eligible to apply for this exam.

But, you are eligible to apply for CDS and CSAT Exams after completion of your B.Com course.

If you are having interest to make your entry into various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc., then better to have good preparation for CSAT Exam.

In contrast to this, if you want to make your career in various Defence services like
-Indian Naval Academy
-Indian Air Force Academy, then its better to prepare for CDS Exam.

What ever the exam you want to start preparation, one thing I can say that, it is better for you if you start preparation for the exam as early as you can.

Because, these are all India level exams and the competition for these exams is high.

Only strong preparation for the exam will benefit you in getting job by overcoming big competition.

For updated information on various UPSC Exams, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
11th April 2012, 01:32 AM
sky bhalodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes it is nice thought that you want to prepare for UPSC in your first year because it will take time and it is tough exam , all over the india the candidates will appear for the exam . So as you are in the first year you will start the preparation by improving your english , GK and maths so that at the final year you have enough preparation for cracking the exam so now just read the social science cbse book of std 5-12 , magazine etc BEST OF LUCK
11th April 2012, 01:47 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I prepare for UPSC Exam pursuing 1st year of B.Com course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi friend,

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. Here are some of the Entrance Exams which will be conducted by UPSC.
-NDA Exam
-CSAT Exam
-SCRA Exam
-CDS Exam
-IES Exam etc.

But, you are eligible to apply for CDS and CSAT Exams after completion of your B.Com course.

-IAS
-IPS

In contrast to this, if you want to make your career in various Defence services like
-Indian Naval Academy

What ever the exam you want to start preparation, one thing I can say that, it is better for you if you start preparation for the exam as early as you can.

Because, these are all India level exams and the competition for these exams is high.

Only strong preparation for the exam will benefit you in getting job by overcoming big competition.

good luck
16th April 2012, 12:23 AM
param pita

Dear,UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is an official body which will conduct number of Entrance Exam for the candidates in order to recruit them into various public services.

There is no separate exam like UPSC Exam.

Here are some of the Entrance Exams which will be conducted by UPSC.
-NDA Exam
-CSAT Exam
-SCRA Exam
-CDS Exam
-IES Exam etc.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for the candidates will be different from one exam to the other exam.

You did not mention the specific Entrance Exam for which you want to start preparation out of the various Entrance Exams being conducted by UPSC.

In order to be eligible for IES Exam, one should have completed Graduation in Engineering.

As you are a candidate from B.Com course, you are not eligible to apply for this exam.

-IAS
-IPS

-Indian Naval Academy

-IAS
-IPS

-Indian Naval Academy

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?