18th April 2015, 11:56 AM
Imanvel

Can I pursue 12th again with PCB from NIOS board?

Hello sir,I have completed my sslc in 2008( in karnataka state syllabus) and I had taken PCMB in 11th and 12th std in 2010 but I was unable pass 12th std ,so now I want to complete my 12th st with PCB ,am i able to do this by NIOS ? Please answer me with detail sir. .
Thank u

18th April 2015, 04:27 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue 12th again with PCB from NIOS board?

Let me tell you the strict guidelines of the CBSE according to which the improvement exams are held. After reading this, you will able to conclude that whether you will be to give or not yourself. So, here are these-

>>Exam can be taken in one or more subjects in the succeeding year only after passing the subject in Class XII.

>>It would take place in March and the result will be declared in May.

>>You cannot appear for improvement examination in the subjects which he/she failed to pass.

>>The fees per subject to be submitted is Rs.200 (may change).

>>The Application Forms will be released in August till October and can be collected from regional offices or syndicate bank branches.

So, as you can conclude from the upper guidelines that you cannot appear for the improvement exam if you have passed more than 1 year after your regular examination which you have done.

18th April 2015, 09:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for the National Institute of Open School.

Eligibility criteria for the 10+2 board exam:

The exam for 10+2 board NIOS exam is conducted twice every year in the month of October- November and April - May.

You can apply for the 10+2 NIOS board exams after minimum gap of two years after 10th board examination. The minimum age limit to appear for the 10+2 board exam is 14 years.

So, there is no issue, you can go for the 10+2 board exam with PCB subjects by NIOS.

NIOS exam is conducted in two modes:

1. Regular Mode: It is conducted on scheduled time by NIOS every year.

2. On Demand exam:

It is given by candidates who have either failed or passed in 10th or 10+2 exams.

Candidates who have failed in one or three subjects have to give exams of at least three subjects. If someone has failed in more than three subjects then he/she has to give exams of all subjects in which they have failed.

If you have passed the regular board exam but have not scored better marks so as to get admission in good engineering or medical colleges, you can take NIOS exam for improving marks.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of NIOS, http://www.nios.ac.in/.

19th April 2015, 12:30 PM
havvedprakash

Yes, you can pursue your 12th class from NIOS again.
NIOS stands for National Institute of Open School.

Eligibility criteria for pursuing 12th from NIOS :

Candidates must have complete his/her 10th class from recognised board.
Agar of candidate must be 14 and above.

22nd June 2016, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir I hv done my 12 in pcm from Rajasthan board in 2004 after that I did B.pharmacy..now I want to do BAMS but I have maths in my 12 so I can't do now..can I do my 12 in PCB from nios now again ..will it be valid for. Entrance exam for BAMS or PMT .plz guide me.

17th June 2017, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I am studying with PCM combination in class 12. I want to sit for NEET. So can i give a biology exam from NIOS so that i can have the PCMB combination to be able to study medical?

29th April 2018, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my 12 class with arts stream but I want to do BAMS . Can I do class 12 again with science stream from NIOS ?

18th May 2018, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

I have passed the10th in ICSE board 2018.Due to some problem...I cannot attend regular classes for 10 2 and want to pursue 10 2 in pcbm from nios and appear for neet in 2020.Am I eligible for it and can I appear for neet in 2020

26th May 2018, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

I passed 12th class with 54.3 percentage but I want repeat 12 from NIOS for good percentage. So , can I give NIOS exam

30th May 2018, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying with PCM combination in class 12. I want to sit for NEET. So can i give a biology exam from NIOS so that i can have the PCMB combination to be able to study medical?
No, I will not be consider because ur class 12marksheet year is more than ur degree year

1st June 2018, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12 in 2013 but my score is just 59% in pcb and english can i give my 12 once more from nios??

19th November 2019, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 10 2 from W.B. Council of Higher Secondary Education but not satisfied with the marks. Can I pursue the exam of Senior Secondary in NIOS to improve my marks? Please reply as fast as possible.

16th January 2020, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

I misinterpreted myself admitting in on demand examination in which I was supposed to get admission in other stream for 12 th improvement exam

6th March 2020, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Is there an age restriction for completing your 12th

8th March 2020, 10:42 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

Eligibility:-

--Candidate must passed 10th from a recognized board with minimum of 50-60%Mark's.

---2 year gap is acceptable

Note:-Minimum age is 14 year for apply in NIOS of 12th exam

6th April 2020, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I am studying with PCB combination in class 11 in session 2020-21. I want to sit for IIT/JEE after 12th . So can i a give a maths exam from NIOS in 12th so that i can the appear in JEE /IIT

2nd July 2020, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my 12th and graduation also I am intended to do 12th again in commerce can I do so. Is there any complications. I wish to continue my study further.

18th July 2020, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

If some one failed in 12 class by one subject from other college can we write exam by nios

20th August 2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Failed 12 class in maths 2002 can i complete my 12th now with nios

5th December 2020, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12 class from cbse board in which I scored 65 percent. I want to improve my marks can I give improvement in those subjects through NIOS.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?