15th September 2011, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?

Hi all,
I am a software engineer who is working for a reputed software company for the last 4 years.
I completed my B.Tech(IT) with 63%. Now shall I pursue MBA as I am very interested to do it? But however I am not confident if I would get admitted to top colleges as my academics are bit poor than my competitors. An another important question that arises is.... I have not prepared for CAT till now. But I wish to join a coaching class and prepare well. I can afford only an year to crack the exam. Is that a good approach to quit my current well paid job for an MBA in a reputed college? OMG I am confused! Kindly suggest your valuable opinions. I would be grateful to you all. Thanks all!

Related Questions:
  1. Required score to get in CAT Exam in to get admission for MBA in Power Management in a reputed college?
  2. Should I go for Executive MBA or Regular MBA if I am presently working as a Software Engineer?
  3. Is there any way for me to get admission for MBA course without appearing for CAT Exam having completed B.Tech in IT and working in a Software company from 1 year?
  4. What is the age limit to join IIM's?
  5. Possibility to study MBA for a Diploma holder who has 4 years of work experience?
  6. How to pursue MBA from reputed institutes?
  7. How many courses can we study after completing BBA?
  8. Among CAT, MAT and XAT which is to appear for studying Regular/Distance/Integrated MBA for B.Com student? List of reputed MBA colleges in Punjab? -- [New]
  9. Which is better BBA or Diploma engineering for better career prospect?
  10. Executive MBA program from IIM Calcutta for software engineers having two and a half years of experience
  11. Which MBA stream is good for Software Engineer?
  12. ICET MBA or CAT MBA which one is better in all respect?
  13. How to get admission in MBA course in D Y Patil college in Pune?
  14. Do i have a chance to get admission in MBA with less than 60% marks in graduation?
  15. Should an engineer do MBA if he's not interested in Software Industry jobs? Which streams, colleges and universities to prefer?
  16. What can I do after BBA? Can I go for Civil Services? Best options for me? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Will there be a problem in getting admission for MBA if I have a year gap?
  18. Is it possible to do MBA in HR after completion of diploma in EEE?
15th September 2011, 03:54 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?

dont worry dear you can do MBA at any time in your life agw there is no limit for age.

and if you can again continue with the study in the same tone as it require for the CAT then well you can go for the CAT coaching it will be really effective for you to crack CAT exam.
all the best friend
15th September 2011, 06:19 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?

Dear friend,
It depends on you.
After working for 4years in Software industry if you feel that you haven't been able to put yourself in a better position then you can go for MBA.
There is no such restrictions in the upper age limit to appear in CAT.
You can prepare yourself and take coaching in any institute to qualify for the CAT.
All the very best.
7th February 2012, 01:13 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,
I am a software engineer who is working for a reputed software company for the last 4 years.
I completed my B.Tech(IT) with 63%. Now shall I pursue MBA as I am very interested to do it? But however I am not confident if I would get admitted to top colleges as my academics are bit poor than my competitors. An another important question that arises is.... I have not prepared for CAT till now. But I wish to join a coaching class and prepare well. I can afford only an year to crack the exam. Is that a good approach to quit my current well paid job for an MBA in a reputed college? OMG I am confused! Kindly suggest your valuable opinions. I would be grateful to you all. Thanks all!
HI,
You can do M.B.A after completing 4 year of engineering..

For this you have to qualify the exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T
etc

TOP M.B.A COLLEGE IN INDIA:-

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)

XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur

ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad

FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi

Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K - Calicut)

GOOD LUCK!
24th December 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

i am working in kuwait for past 3 year .nw i need to get an executive mba. can u pls refer me some affiliated colleges which i can apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?