4th December 2010, 06:19 PM
vasu1215

Can I secure a job in software industry after scoring less than 60%?

i'm doing my b.tech final year. My aggregate percentage up to 3-2 is 57.3%
can I secure a job in software industry?? and in my resume can I write my percentage as 60 now??

Related Questions:
  1. Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?
  2. Am I eligible to get a job in software industry after completion of B.E with 60% marks?
  3. Will I get a job after BCA in software industry?
  4. What position is suitable for me to apply for software job?
  5. Is there any possibility of getting a job in software industry after scoring 7.4 CGPA in 10th and 53% marks in 12th?
  6. Doing Software testing course : Can I get a job in software industry with 60% in BE?
  7. Can mechanical engineer apply for software job? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I get job in Software Industry if completed B.Sc in Computer Science and having proficiency in C, C+ and Java?
  9. Am I eligible to get the software job after completion of B.Tech CSE 3rd year?
  10. Can I get good jobs after doing MSc IT?
  11. Which software course is good for me after having 9 years of banking experience with MBA Marketing? How to get a job in software industry?
  12. How to get a job in software industry after completion of B.Sc Computer Science for 5 years?
  13. Which are the best course to do after completion of Civil Engineering to get jobs in software side?
  14. Jobs in industry sector after completing MCA? Which course will help me get a job?
  15. Which courses should I do after B.E in ECE to make a career in software industry?
  16. How can I get a job in software industry after completion of B.Sc CS in 5 years duration? -- [New]
  17. Can I get government or any good IT/Software industry job after studying BCA?
  18. Should an engineer do MBA if he's not interested in Software Industry jobs? Which streams, colleges and universities to prefer?
24th January 2012, 08:20 PM
J Treza

Thumbs up Re: Can I secure a job in software industry after scoring less than 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu1215 View Post
can I secure a job in software industry?? and in my resume can I write my percentage as 60 now??

hi,
According to me....In software companies job security is based on your performance and on the recession....it can not be said that it has 100% job security..it can be said that 80% depends on your performance and 20% on your fate...that means whether it is a recession time or not... .... And about your marks i would like to tell you that in placement interviews your on the spot performance more matters than your marks....obviously marks are the very important factor...but mainly all H.R. seeks for boldness, your confidence in adverse situations...I would like to tell you about my friend........... in her interview after few questions,H.R. told her please don't waste my time...come next year....he was just checking her confidence level...and my friend boldly faced that situation .she calmly explained about the qualities she have...she does not get blank.and finally she was in the list of placed person...so be confident...give your best...study hard....and write your actual marks in resume...all the best
24th January 2012, 09:04 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I secure a job in software industry after scoring less than 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu1215 View Post
Dear Fiend,

As per your second question, You obviously cannot write 57.3% as 60%.

If anyone do this silly things, his/her candidature may be lost for ever. he may never get jobs in any. This would be considered as fraud things.

So I will sugggest you to give the original information in your CV.

Now as per your first question, I can say that you are not eligible for some good companies in IT Sectors.

Some reputed Companies like CTS, TCS, Infosys, Microsoft, IBM etc etc require 60% as their eligibility criteria. So according to that you are not eligible in those companies.

There are also other companies such as Syntel, Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra, L&T Infotech, HCL Technologies, Wipro Infotech, Wipro Technologies etc etc requires only 55% and above in 10th 12th and B.Tech.....

So Apply in those companies.............
7th September 2012, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I secure a job in software industry after scoring less than 60%?

hi i am ravi pandey.I have completed bca from ignou(59%) in 2009.now i am pursuing mca from ignou.due to financial problem there is 2 year gapping between bca and mca.can i get job in software development.plz suggest me wht will be challenges to me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?